Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pics of my plastic worms - which others should i pick up?
If you need any color clarification let me know. this is what I have, and don't know what else to get. I don't have any senkos and I hear those are good. I fish in a small river that is somewhat murky with about a foot of visibility, and it is usually 75-90 degrees here. I was planning on trying the carolina rig this evening but am not sure what color worm to use. thanks for the help

http://img31.imageshack.us/i/1000431m.jpg/
http://img16.imageshack.us/i/1000432a.jpg/
[signature]
Get some watermelon with black flake for sencos and you'll find you won't need as many worms. I use only watermelon or black for sencos. Same for Lizards. In these hot days we'er finding them off dropoffs useing a beaver or crawdad.
[signature]
Burce, what part of the country you from? If its northeastern maybe i can chime in.
[signature]
I'm from Connecticut, so I would love the help.

I recently picked up some watermelon red/black flake Zoom brush hogs and had good luck with those in a pond. I also got green pumpkin 6" GM senkos and had a strike but no hook up. I then picked up some Rage Tail toads in green/pearl belly and Rage Tail space monkeys in watermelon red

I actually just moved to VA for college, but I'll be back in CT for thanksgiving, christmas, spring break and summer
[signature]
Well so far it seems like you are on the right track so far. Green pumpkin seems to be the hottest color in our part of the country. YUM make senkos in green pumpkin that have the tip of there tail dipped in chartruce. They work well for me in both clear and murky water. this time of year you want to rig them weightless texas stile. Or you can wacky rig them. When you wacky rig i recommend that you use a wacky rig tool that uses the little O-rings. That makes your senkos last alot longer.

Find out what type of bait fish are in the water you fish. If it has shad or alwife ( not sure how u spell that) you need to get yourself some Zoom Super Flukes. These baits are awesome in the spring and fall. You rig them with a weighted shank wide gap hook. I recommend the ones with a cork screw to hold the head of the bait on. You cast out let is sink and jerk it back towards the boat. twitch-twitch-pause-twitch-pause-twitch-twitch-twitch. You get the idea, work it the same as and X-rap, only these guys your can work through the weeds alot better. Speaking of X-raps you should give them guys a try, awesome bait in the spring and fall as well.
[signature]
When your in VA do what they do. See what color worm works best by talking to folks. I'm sure you'll find a die hard bassman in school down there and tag along. Different baits for different waters. I never had any luck with chartruse tails up here, but they swear by them out west. Curly tails never got me a fish. But alot of fish with Lizards [crazy]
[signature]
You are absolutly on the right track. I personel prefrence is Culprit brand worms. I have always had luck with the red shad. If you will be doing any late evening or night fishing I would switch to purple/white tail, junebug/blue fleck. I throw all of these t rigged with pretty good results. Hope it helps and good luck.
[signature]
For best prices goto their having a blowout sale right now.
[signature]
Thanks for the tip Old Fart, they do have some good prices.
[signature]
try zoom, worms green pumkin, if you live up north try green pumkin/ copper flakes.
[signature]