Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Big Game hunting season dates for next year (Proposed)
Here are the proposals for the new hunting season dates in the upcoming years. What do you guys think? I think the General Muzzy deer dates are terrible, the LE archery elk dates are wonderful, the general muzzy elk dates are awesome, and I think it's going to be a "Slaughter Fest" for the deer the whole month of October. [frown]

Hopefully the link works. If not, I'll update it in the morning.
[signature]
I can see I dont like the LE rifle elk. starting earlier like that. Oh well[:/]
[signature]
I would like to see the general season any bull elk start mid week like it used to. Then I can make it to the traditional first Saturday of October to be the opener duck hunt. I have missed it for about 4 years now because I want to get a bull soooo bad. Both those openers happen on the same Saturday and it kinda screws with old family traditions.

BTW about shooting the first bull I see this year on the other thread YES I will not be passing up anything with horns!!! good advise. That has been my mentality for every time I have gone out. We have them figured out this year hopefully. If we dont get lucky and be in the right place and the right time on opening morning then we have figured out a couple of spots they use to rest up 3 or 4 days into the hunt. A few friends and I pushed a 4 point right to some lucky guy with a buck/bull tag and he shot it. Crappy thing is he had a 2 point little buck in the back of his truck that he got earlier that morning. What luck he said he filled both his tags with in a couple hours hunting public land in very populated areas. I hope I dont end up one of the guys you spoke of 20 years and still no bulls, OUCH.
[signature]
Interesting. Where did this data come from hookjaw? I havn't seen anything on the DWR site about it. Some of these dates seem silly to me, but what do I know.
[signature]
Someone on the "inside" posted it up on Monster Muleys. They will discuss it at the big game RAC.
[signature]
I feel like they keep trying to "bump" all the hunts earlier...while i think it would be awesome if they'd drop 'em back a week. give us a better shot at getting our archery deer/elk hard-horned and get those bulls bugling sooner in the LE archery hunts!!
[signature]
[Smile]I just hope they put the GSA Deer opener before Aug 18 [laugh] Than i can hunt all three hunts Again
[signature]