Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WLG, Chick, Blue Cats, 9-27-09, Troy Greg Keith Tristian
Well after the flood yesterday I decided that today would be a good day to get out and see what all we could scavenge. There were plenty of items floating to chose from. Started off the day with a nice oar from one of the local rafting companies. Then we saw a white barrel that had something printed on the front that sounded kinda like..Caution..do not open...white male inside!!! We decided that was the tomb of Jimmy Hoffa and we decided we would just leave him be after all these years! Saw a nice TV and several other barrels with who knows what inside and a bunch of logs..stumps and Trees.....WHOLE UPROOTED TREES!! <br /> Anyway since we were out there anyway we decided we might as well get out some of that good ol Cumberland Steam Plant skipjack and see if we could intice a catfish to come out and play in the HEAVY current!! The water looked just like chocolate milk and I wasnt really expecting to catch much of anything but we had a really good day. NO MONSTERS but some good quality fish were caught. We tried to find some current breaks and sure enough the fish were there ready to ambush whatever came by and we did pretty well. My guests today were some very good freinds of mine...Greg and his 12 yr old son Tristian.....Mr. Keith Gantt...and of course T_Roy. We ended up with 187 lbs of fish!!! Had a 14,15,16,23,26,30,31,and a 32 lber!!! I had a blast watching Tristian wrestle those big cats in that heavy current! It was an excellent day to be on the water. Just had to be careful of all the floating debris. Water temp was down to 70.0 degrees this morning and had finally got up to about 72 by 2pm. Enjoy the photos!! I am not gonna post exact locations but if any of you cat guys want to pm me id be glad to let you know exactly where I was!!