Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay vs. Pineview
I have some time tomorrow to go fishing in the morning, and was wondering your opinions on whether the fishing would be okay with the weather, or if the weather makes it bad. I was debateing on willard or pineview. What would you try based on the weather. does the weather matter?
[signature]
I have found that right after a cold front the fishing at willard sucks. But that lake is so weird, it might be ok for you, just not for us lol. Dont know about pineview tho.
[signature]
I have found most lakes do not fish well in the first few days after a cold front.
That said, if Friday is when you have to fish, fish Friday. Over the years I have discovered that while lakes seem to shut down, rivers do not seem to as much, and unless there is a flood level, the increase in water can increase feeding. More so in the fall when they have the feed bag on and young of the year minnows are the favorite meal for big browns.
You might want to try drifting a whole nite-crawler or a salt minnow somewhere like the Ogden River on the way to Pineview or upstream below Causey. Concentrate on the deep holes and use just enough small splitshot on your like that you get it snagged every once in a while.
[signature]
[size 2]Maybe if your Captain knew what he was doing it wouldn't suck for you[/size]
[signature]
oh shoosh you!!! [:p]
[signature]
If you fish the right bait in the right spot you will catch fish... But like most of us fisherman, after a cold front it can be slow fishing....

But I heard once that if you don't have your line in the water you can't catch the fish...

Go fishing and let us know how you do..[Wink][fishin]
[signature]
I have a friend coming in from OOT this weekend. Thought I'd take him up to WB for some trolling. Any recent reports or advice?
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Not sure what oot is or wb, but sense this post is about Willard bay I would not troll...

This is what I would be doing to catch wipers up there...

The three lures I use is..

1 Gun metal shad LV 500..Lip less..

2. Chartreuse shad LV 100...Lip less

3. Sammy in Chartreuse 100...Top water..

All made by Lucky craft...

Going up to Willard tomorrow will post how I do...
[signature]
Yep, WB is Willard Bay. OOT means he's from out of town, so I'd like to show him a good time. Are you fishing boils out of your tube? I like trolling because you can cover so much water. I can put a couple of spinning rods in the boat, though.
[signature]
No tube, From my boat and cast and work the lure...

The last time I was up there fishing each time a boat with the gas motor running came by the wipers would stop biting for a few min...

And the wipers was in water from 2' to 10' deep, cast up and reel back...
[signature]
Listen to what he is saying paddler, He has been on the fish for weeks now and has a good spot, fish shallow into deeper water around vegetation and you will find some fish how many I don't know but he is on a good pattern right now. listen and fish, the fish are really to shallow to get into them trolling unless you can put a planner board over them and stay out away from them.
[signature]
Thanks, guys. I use planer boards, so can present lures shallow but away from the boat. I'll have a couple of spinning rods along, but the older I get, the more impatient I've become. Any more, I go out, run my gear, and catch what I catch. How about the walleye? Are they hungry?
[signature]