Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ahhh there is one
[Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]I like golf & fly fishing. I do more of the former only because the course is 10 minutes from my house. To fish a nice stream is a trek away. Below is a picture of one of the lakes that likes to confiscate my golf balls. That is okay as it is part of the game - but what hurts is seeing all the trout looking for a nice meal. Nope fishing is not permitted. Been meaning to ask if I could FF there if I paid for the green fees and not play golf. Who knows?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline bhgc..jpg]
[signature]
Just ask ! The way I see it is -if you dont ask then you
will not fish there for sure.
Most golf club dont want you to be fishing there. I talked
to some people ones that go to golf clubs to fish for
bass at nite. It is sooooooo not legal, but they do it.
The fishing is crazy there because nobody is fishing
those little ponds.
I have this fly fishing video (dvd) from Ireland where they
ff this golf club ponds for trout (it is ok to do so ) and it
is crazy good. Tiger Woods has golfed and ff there and
many other "big" people like that.
Now, when comes to your balls-just say that you are
looking for your balls with the fly rod[Smile].

Peter
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3]Can you imagine the attention some one would receive for fly fishing on the golf course? Every passing four some would stop to ask how is it going. Like it would hold up play for sure. I guess my question was more rhetorical than any thing else as I know what the answer would be.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Attention it would be for sure.
I practice in the park on a grass sometimes and
most people that go by have something to say. Some
are "funny", some just stupid, some have no idea.
Most ask if Im catching anything. I say -YES, grass fish.[Smile]

Peter
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]More reason why a new comer to FF shouldn't be embarrassed about casting a line on the water for the first time. If on lookers be it bait/or spin fishermen or shore gazers take an interest they probably wouldn't have an idea if one is doing it right. Well that is if ever cast doesn't wind up at ones feet.[Image: bobwink.gif]
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
I agree with Peter on this one.. it wont hurt to ask.. I caught my first fish on a fly on a gold course lake ("pond") ... it was legal because I was on the home owners side of the water.. but.. there are days that it is legal for the home owners to walk around to the "course" side of the lake and fish from that bank...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Here is a golf course that you can fish on.

[url "http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/green-river"]http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/green-river[/url]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]How cool is that!
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]
Green River State Park Utah. The Green River runs right noext to the golf course and there is a pond in it. Regs say that you can fish from the east side of the pond which has the trees and brush. West side has greens and fairway next to it. has bass in it.
[signature]