Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost @ Jordy 11/2/09
I got up early and headed for work this morning. I took a wrong turn and somehow got lost, but I finally recognized where I was when I saw the Jordanelle/RockCliff sign. [Wink]

I was really traumatized by the ordeal, so I figured since I had my fishing gear with me that I should get in my tube and calm down for a while. It was a beautiful morning!

I launched at 6:30AM to 38 degrees air temp and 48 degrees water temp. I had the place to myself for the first hour. Really, all to myself - not even any fish to keep me company.

I began fiddling around with different patterns and presentations. I was reeling one of my Blackandwhites up through the water column when wham! Near the surface a large fish swirled and whacked it, but I didn't connect. Dang!

I kept working further out along the arm and bing, bing, bing, a fine 'bow was jumping around with one of my flies in it's mouth. I played it out, but as it approached the tube the knot slipped. Dang number 2!

The morning was wearing on, and I had an 11:00AM conference call at the office to attend. So, I began paddling back toward the launch ramp. I had two more hits in fairly short order, but again they didn't get attached to the hook. Double dang!

My watch said I needed to wrap in up soon, but I don't like the smell of skunk so I opted for another pass across the channel. Good thing I did because an 18" 'bow that knew how to bite stuff decided to tie one on.

That was a good way to finish, and I was off the water by 9:00AM.

I made it to work for the phone call, and it all worked out good. However, chances are that I could probably get lost again real soon.[cool]
[signature]
Nice fishg and a great day to get lost on. Planning on getting lost at Rock cliff tomorrow as well.[Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Amazing Grace....er, uh Jesse.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Okay to get lost if it is in the pursuit of a worthy cause...especially if you find yourself on the end of the line with a worthy fish.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nothing like taking the scenic route to work. Good for you and nice Bow to boot.

That could be habit forming!!
[signature]
Great- story
Great- pictures
Great -bow
Thank you [Smile]

Peter
[signature]