Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you do in the winter
i live in RI and i always get depressed once the winter comes because it seems that the bass fishing slows almost to the point where i don't think the fish are alive.... not getting bites till mid April and i want to take a stand

any hints on equipment, techniques or the types of ares would be welcomed with open arms

please help, I'm addicted to fishing and when i cant get a fish........ well you don't want to know
[signature]
I've tried targeting bass in the winter if the lakes don't freeze here in Utah but I've always ended up catching trout so I fish the warm springs that are scattered across the state. I don't know if RI has any warm springs but you should look into it. Also, power plants produce warm water with their cooling systems that recirculate back into rivers and lakes, a great place to catch bass in the winter.
[signature]
Check and see if there are any warm water discharges were you live on the lake or rivers . There always good in winter
[signature]
im pretty shure there arnt any because it is a 3 acre manmade pond, although i think there is one area were i think there is a spring because sometimes it takes longer for the ice to from in that are but the downside is that it is very shallow
[signature]
Move to Alabama. That's all I got, sorry.[:p]
[signature]
na, i think ill stay, but how is the fishing there in general if i ever visit there
[signature]
Try any power plants in your area. But when it freezes up your all done here for bass. Some lakes you can pull them through the ice. Live minnows work best, try drop offs and deep structure.
[signature]
thanks i think ill try some ice fishing for them because there aren't any power plants near my house except for one in saltwater 45 minutes away, that you can apparently catch stripers at
[signature]
[quote fishfinder401]na, i think ill stay, but how is the fishing there in general if i ever visit there[/quote]

Fishing here is great! We have the Tallapoosa and coosa river systems which form the Alabama River. Notable fisheries are all acrosss the chain and then some. lakes of note are Guntersville, Eufala, Jordan, Logan Martin, and more...

The Bassmaster Elite 12 "Playoff" which determined 2009 Angler of the Year was just held here, they fished off the Alabama River and Lake Jordan.

One day I\d like to just take off and start fishing my way north from here to Canada[:p]

BZ
[signature]