Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
electric ice augers
i not trying to advertise just giving a tetimonial..got an ice gator electric ice auger towards the end of last winter..amazing machine..can drill 150+ hole on a charge throuog 8 inches plus ice..with that and my vexalar if theres a fish to be found ill find it..makes ice trolling easy..thats my info..just letting know
[signature]
I wished I had of known that, I depated on weather to get the electric of another gas one, I went with the gas,

now I will go stomp my way back into my little corner and huff and pout for a bit... then say well its all good, I still like my gas one, it is much easier than my hand one and 20 times faster than my old gas auger, tho I do miss my 12 inch holes..[cool]

I did spend 2 weeks drouling over that electric modle last year, the thing that made me decide not to was getting a replacement battery.. to it did come with an attachment to plug in to the quad acc hole. Did yours come with that attachment?

The one I was looking had its own 12 volt battery, an ac battery charger, a dc battery charger and alligator clips to run streight off a 12 volt battery from a car type battery
[signature]
the ice gator is a little more powerfull then your average electric,,has 2 12 volt battereies yes will plug into cigarate lighter..have to add your own auger part..i used the bottom attachment to my 6 inch laser..hooks right up..a little heavy but balances on shoulder nice..or fits in most sleds..i like will drill twice as many holes as the normal electric per charge..and you dont have to start it up..like the gas auger..just push yhe button..
[signature]
the part I was liking the electric over the gas was the fact you dont have to deal with getting rid of the gas and oil residue from your hands after starting it.

no matter how good you try to keep your hands clean, you just cant keep the gas and oil smoke from blowing on ya.

washing you hands in the snow and or ice water is do-able, just not vary comfortable. and it means having to carry two more items on the lake with me, "bar of soap and an extra towl"
[signature]
the old jiffy i had..leaked gas no matter what i did..also very heavy..always started hard on cold mornings to..i love what i got now..soo much better
[signature]
I still got my old jiffy, Darn tootin its heavy, Its as heavy as a boat motor...

I only pulled it out when we had 20 inches of ice, and I had to drill my holes in the morning, come in and dry off, then go back out to fish in the afternoon.
[signature]
im usinng mine as a post hole digger now..dang thing might be heavy and old but it still runs good..
[signature]
ya they do, ya just have to remember to change the gear lube in the bottom.

I have used mine as a post hole digger as well...
[signature]
Buy a box of latex gloves $4.00 for 100 . I wear them while running my auger and take them off when done . No more gas or oil on your hands . Curt G.
[signature]
thats an idea, but I need better than floppy kitchen rubbers, they dont hold up vary well for me even when cooking.

I will check the medical supply house down the road and see what they have available.

thanx...
[signature]
Whats that electric auger plus the battrey weigh? Seems like it would have to be pretty heavy.
[signature]
it weights 32 pounds..almost as much as a gas auger..not light.benifit is ..has as much power as a gas auger..with no mess or fuss.and can drill 150 holes+ on one charge..just push the button and its drilling.no starting it up ..no need to worry weather it will start..so yes its heavy but very conveinent..
[signature]
What was the price on that augger, "not counting any discount you may have gotten"
[signature]
its 389.00..bought it at a large spoting goods shop near warren mi..your side of the state...cant think of the name right of hand,,will come to me..any help
[signature]
lol, my side of the state, but not my side of town...

I dont got thay way to often, actualy I cant remember the last time I was over that way, at least 10 years....
[signature]
i still cant remember name..think it starts with franks....somthing..?
[signature]
its franks great outdoors ..in linwood mi..on huron hwy.....you know the place
[signature]
I was going to pull out my gas auger today and start it, but it will have to wait till tomarow.

today I am going to watch a movie on tv. "martian cronicals" it is 6 hours long. I have yet to see it all the way though.

You check out that map lonhunter found for ancor bay?
[signature]
it figures...we finnally got ice around here and im stuck in the house..got stass infection in feet doc says to stay of them..will be ready by next weekend..no matter what..
[signature]
staff infections sux, "side note, dont walk around the house bar foot.. not somethin you wanna share"

Think I will fire up the auger this afternoon.
[signature]