Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask your burbot bash questions here
I'm collecting information on this thread about lodging, where to buy the fishing stamps and forest service permits and any other related info that will help members that plan on being at the Bash. If any of you can fill in the blanks please do so, like phone numbers of these motels or other motel names that I did not list. Here is the names and numbers of some of the motels and Inns in Green River:
1. Oak Tree Inn 307-875-3500
2. Western Inn/motel 307-875-2840
3. Desmond Inn 307-875-3701
4. Super 8 307-875-9330
5. Flaming Gorge motel 307-875-4190
6. Coachman Inn/motel 307-875-3681
7. Mustang Motel 307-875-2468
8. Walker's motel 307-875-3561
9 Hampton Inn 307-875-5300
10. Sweet Dreams Inn 307-875-7554

Motels in Rock Springs

1. Rodeway Inn 307-362-6673
2. Sands Inn 307-362-3739
3. Economy Guest village 307-362-3763
4. Cvcd 307-362-1531
5. Springs 307-362-6683
6. Rocky Mountain motel 307-362-3443
7. Saddle Lite motel 307-362-1846
8. Miners Repose B & B 307-362-7880
9. Park hotel 307-362-6555
10. Cody motel 307-362-6675
11. La Quinta Inn 307-362-1770

I know there are several places to buy fishing stamps, FG use permits, sucker and chub meat, so please post what you know, the only place that I know in Green River that has all four, it is the Ace Hardware.
If anyone has a map to show the different ways to get to Buckboard, please add them to this thread, I'll add one in the next few days if no one else post one. I don't know which route would be shorter but you can either go through Mountain View or Green River.
Any other information that could be helpful please add, also any question you have please ask them here instead of the sign up thread. Thanks
WH2
Link to Burbot Bash sign up thread(now closed to signing up)
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=537836;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...d;page=unread#unread[/url]
Link to burbot bash carpooling thread:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=550954;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...d;page=unread#unread[/url]
Here is a list of the sponsors of this years Bash:
[#ff0000]1. Creative Fishing Adventures. He has donated a guided fishing trip for two people, jigging for macks, this will be for one full day in September 2010. [#000000]$480 value [/#000000]

2. The law firm of Jeffery A. Owens attorney/ mediator with Atlas Mediation will donate 4 hours of legal service.[#000000] $600 valve
[/#000000]3. Radical Glow will once again be donating their great products, including their tube jigs.
4. Maniac lures will also be donating from their fine line of products.
5. Freshwater Basics[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]6. Curly lures[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]7. Buckboard marina[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]8. Flaming Gorge Resort[/#ff0000] $160 value
[#ff0000]9. Angler's Den[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]10. Cabela's[/#ff0000] donation value of $935
[#ff0000]11. Rocky Mountain Tackle will again be offering their fine line of products, including dogers and lures.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]12. High Plains Industrial Service[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]13. RoundRock Flyfishing[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]14. Smith & Edwards[/#ff0000][#000000] valued at $200[/#000000]
[signature]
about what time is this going to get started ?? thanks
chuck
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]I stayed at the Super 8 last year and would not do so again if it were free. [mad][/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4][/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]It's a dump and the desk clerk was an idiot.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
The main event will be starting at 2pm but the BFT portion is starting at 1pm so we can have all or at least most of the give aways done before the demos start. If other BFT members show up late we will give them their prizes after the main events are over.
Hey Dubob, do you remember how much the super 8 cost for a night? The reason I ask, is to get a cost range from the different motels.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]The charge for 3 people was $81.95 including the tax. That was about $80 too much.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That was just about the same price that I was told it cost at the Oak Tree. I was hoping some one that lived there would list some of the phone numbers so I could call and check on prices but I guess I'll check for them on line. Thanks for the info Bob.
[signature]
I did a quick search of Green River Hotels on Kayak.com.

Here are the results:

Green River:
Oak Tree: $ 66
Hampton Inn: $ 93
Super 8: $ 36

Rock Springs:
America's Best (Value Inn): $75
Holiday Inn $69
Hilton Hometown: $89

These are rates before tax, based on double occupancy (2 people).
[signature]
Thanks Kyle, I'm guessing those prices are for one person[:/]?
[signature]
Forgot to add that....

Based on two people per room.
[signature]
Buckboard campground will be open with power and sewer hookups and I believe they said it was around $30 a night. We will be pulling the trailer up and staying for the weekend there.
I would like to get a conversation started on burbot fishing methods and areas to target for your best chance of catching burbot.
The best spots to find the burbot,or ling as the locals call them,is to find any rocky point that drops off into deeper water and
there should be fish there. You can also find them along rocky shore lines but the points are the best.
The ling tend to be in deeper water during the day and move into shallow water as the day turns into night. They will feed during the day but most folks catch the larger numbers after dark. The best baits and lures to use
are sucker meat and glow jigs and after seeing what noise does to the ling, I would reconmend getting away from other groups and try not to make a lot of noise while fishing once you get set up. I have caught them as shallow as 2 & 3 feet and as deep as 30 ft with the best depth being 12 to 15ft. When I fish for them, I like to drill 10 holes or so starting shallow and moving out into the deeper water and then
get set up before dark. Remember everyone needs to have address labels on their fishing poles and your allowed up to 6 poles. I fish with 4 poles and spread them out from deep to shallow and once I catch the first ling I move the other poles to the same area and set up my tent over two of the holes. Many of you know much more about catching these fish than I do, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or add to anything I might have left out.
[signature]
I know I posted this video elsewhere, but will post it here as well for the new comers. Heading to the Gorge this week to kill a few of them.
Rigging for Burbot:
http://zachevenart.com/PlayVideo.aspx?vi...1GoLWt6iGE
[signature]
Thanks MMZ and welcome to the site. Have you had any luck with the ling lately?
[signature]
wiperhunter2,
Thanks for the welcome. Haven't been out in a few weeks. Fished Fire Hole awhile back and did well. Hoping to hit something on the west side between Lost Dog and Buckboard night after next. Will keep you posted!
[signature]
Last year fishing for the burbot I found them under the ice in that wet stuff. Think we can do that again this year?

Yeah i'm a smart ass.[cool] But seriously we found the burbot off some cliffs in less then 20' of water I think. Also the three of us were out by ourselves with very quite ice for the most part. Tube jigs tipped with minnow is what I used in my tent.
[signature]
LOL, your a funny guy but it sounds like it worked for you. Did you use any of that crawdad smelly jelly?
Hey, here is something to wet your appetite for this years bash.
[inline longling.jpg]
No story to go with the picture but boy is that thing a long ling or what?
[signature]
I fished the Confluence this past Sturday evening from 5 PM till 10 PM, I left early because I didn't want to have to clean more fish! I had three ples out with jigs tipped with sucker meat and never got a hit on any of them! I was jigging a small glow jig tipped with night crawler and caught ten ling from the same hole. They were super fat with eggs, so I hope that you get a lot of people taking them out. Good fishing Wyo_mountains
[signature]
Welcome to BFT Robert. Got to love it, we receive all of this detailed information on how to catch Burbot (chubs, sucker, crawdads) and you catch them on a crawler.[Smile]
[signature]
Nice job, way to change it up and pick-up some fish. How thick was the ice?
[signature]
I think you got the just of it Curt. If it glows and stinks they'll probably eat it. I also look for rocky structure, like smallmouth habitat, and spread my gear out in a search pattern from about 10-40ft. Sometimes I do better shallow, sometimes deeper, depending on the location and time. I've also had variable catch rates using tube jigs, curly tailed grubs, jigging spoons, and jigging minnow raps tipped with chub, minnows, or suckers. I'll switch up and try them all. Not sure what the pattern will be this year, but as seen above, doing something different whether it be technique or location could equal a good batch of fish. Lots of people on this site have dialed them. Good luck!
[signature]