Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2jigs, Chick. Sat. morning dogfight, Bass!, 10-13, Stick-it!
We fished as much as we could on the Chick. this week to stay on or get on fish. Before the flood we were killing them suspended on large bait schools in the mouths of creeks- the secondary points. Using jerk baits & silver buddies and weighted flukes in 12-30 ft. of water. My partner Stick-it (Doug Mims) had a 6.14Lber Mon.( I will see if i can get the pic from my phone to this post) and we had about 19 Lbs. Then the floods & ice came! The water changed to chocolate milk & the temps went from mid 50's to high-mid 40's in just 2-3 days! Our first fish fell to a buddy at about 8:30 am, on a secondary point in 8-12 ft. of water just about 2-3/4 Lbs. but one in the box! Second fish came on a deep rocky bank on a pig & jig @ about 8:35 am, & two cast later got a nice 15 inch. crappie on the buddy. Too bad we weren't fishing for crappie. 9:30 am we ran up river to a long main lake point that had been holding fish 7 Stick-it finally stuck it with a 14-9/10's inch. fat little fighter at about 10:00 am. 10:30 am stick-it says there he is, then never-mind little fish. I saw the fish & yelled (hold up, that's a spot). 3 in the well, things are looking up. We figured with the conditions as tough as they were 10-12 Lbs would probably get a check if not win. And all we needed was 1 more keeper & a small kicker to be right on time. We headed down to a marina where a friend had been catching them from the dock. He was there to get them jump started for us emoBang so we wasted an hr. We got out of there & tried a small main lake point in 8-15 ft. of water but the current was just too strong. We decided to head back to the creek we started in. 12:I'm fishing a stump field in 5-8 ft. of water throwing a thumper spinner bait dark colored for the muddy water. Second cast & BAM! I couldn't turn the fish & something felt funny. The fish runs side ways & the line kind of gives a bit & she pulls off! emoBang emoBang emoBang Best I cold figure the line was around a stump popped up over it when the fish came up to jump. Man oh Man, the drag was screaming & the line was burning, I guess some thing just weren't meant to be emoBawl emoBawl emoBawl 1:I'm Throwing a hair jig on a deep rocky point, popping it up out of the rocks & uh oh a rock popped back. emoDoh that's 2 missed fish in 30 min., you just can't miss fish on days like this! emoBang 1:I'm we head to a deep secondary point that is loaded with bait & big fish swirling every where on them in about 18-30 ft. of water. We need 2 in a hurry & we figure Billy & Garry will have 10 Lbs at the least & we got 7 Lbs. Good for an invitation back next week. We try buddy's, swim-baits flukes jerk-baits & about ever thing we can think of & nothing. We see where the fish are busting over against the bank right in the drop in about 8-12 ft. of water & I get a good fish on the buddy. 3 second later the fish pops of that's all she wrote. A boat comes roaring by, Stick-it looks @ the time & we have to go. # fish for about 7 Lbs. & an invite back next week. Billy & Garry won I believe with 11+Lbs... Looking back I think the fish went shallower on wood in the muddy-stained water esp. with them jerking it up & down the way they have this week.... Good luck to all & tight lines...2jigs...