Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tube Jigs?
What are your favorite tube jigs to use while crappie fishing? Let me know what colors you like in specific conditions, or just in general.

For me, I tend to use three general colors in plastic tube baits for crappie. Both are made by Southern Pro Tackle, distributed by retailers near you.

A color map is here: [url "http://www.southernpro.com/LH.cfm "]http://www.southernpro.com/LH.cfm [/url]

My favorites are the:
LH38 Pumpkin Pepper/Chart.- [url "http://www.southernpro.com/LH.cfm"][Image: LH38.jpg][/url]
and

LH33 Red/Chart. Sparkle - [Image: LH33.jpg]
and

LH03 Black/Chart. - [url "http://www.southernpro.com/LH.cfm"][Image: LH03.jpg][/url]

I get the 1" and 1.5" sizes, and couple them with 1/32oz horse head jigs with red hooks.

Let me know some of your best tube jigs
[signature]
So how are you involved with these tubes?
[signature]
Well, I fish with them. And honestly, quite a bit.

I don't know if your question was in relation to spamming their links on this site (I think in two posts) - I just like their product.

If you really wanted to know though, I'm starting a site right now that sells tubes through Bass Pro, and I collect a sweet commission.

I was planning on people populating this thread with great content realted to "tubes"... not to mention possible pick up a color or two to give a shot at.

After that, I guess somewhere along the line put a link to my "tubes" site somewhere in a signature. Seeing as how this post would get a little link juice for the term.

Hope it hasn't been ruined by the "affiliation" you've found between me and some awesome tubes.
[signature]
Interesting reply.

Well I had the best result the other day with all white and all yellow, but like a lemon moraign and red and white. I have tried putting some cotton in the tube and squeezing some scent on it.

So now that you've expressed your direction with starting this post we'll see where it goes.
[signature]
I've never thought about the cotton in the tube, nor have I used scents on tubes fishing for crappie.

Care to share specifics? I'm really interested in the cotton.
[signature]
I tie on a weighted ig on the bottom and a drop shot hook above the slip a tube over the drop shot hook and stuff some cotton from a cotton ball in the tube and have used anise scent but any would work to soak the cotton.
[signature]
I use the same general setup as far as size and jig weight, but if crappie fishing, I usually put them under a bobber. For color, I use light and dark blue, bubblegum pink and black and chartreuse. Seems to work well here in PA. I like the idea with the cotton, gonna have to try that.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]It's probably a local thing but I catch more crappie on this jig than any other color. I rig two of them about a foot apart with a clear float on slightly windy days and play around until I find their depth.[/size][/#000000][/font]

[inline CST08.jpg]
Hot Pink and pearl tube jig.
[signature]
I learned how to fish for crappie on Lake Charles in northeastern Arkansas. My grandfather lives out that way. It is safe to say everything I know about jigging for crappie came from him.
[signature]
Now do you find that jig olor will be diferent from one body o water to the next?
[signature]
[quote idahopanfish]Now do you find that jig olor will be diferent from one body o water to the next?[/quote]

Sometimes my favorite spot is fickle on color so I just rig two poles. One has 3 different colors about 18 inches apart under a clear float and the other has 3 different colors 18 inches apart.

I start shallow and add about 1 foot of depth every 5 minutes until I get a bite. Then then keep trying to make sure that is the color they want that day. If I get another on the same color that depth then I start wearing them out.

As I stated above though, I usually catch more on that Pink/Pearl tube than any other color here in North East Arkansas in Poinsett county.
[signature]
Where in PA bare you Cklvr ?
I fish near Gouldboro.
[signature]