Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 South Fork Rainbow Derby!
ladies and gentleman its that time again. if didnt get the chance to participate in it last year you can this year. last year was a blast and i will definantly be there this year floating in my pontoon. last year i took the biggest whitefish prize homeand there were some absolute monster rainbows caught. here is the info that fred sica emailed me today.

[center][font "Times New Roman"]Rainbow Day on the South Fork[/font]
[center][font "Times New Roman"]APRIL 10, 2010[/font]
[center][font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]The Snake River Cutthroats, the local affiliate of Trout Unlimited, will again sponsor Rainbow Day on the South Fork. As many of you know the numbers of Rainbows has not dropped as much as we all would like and they pose a threat to the native Cutthroat Trout. So we are going to help things along by hosting a day of fishing and harvesting of Rainbow trout. Last year we had over 40 anglers and a great day was had by all. We will start out the day by meeting at the South Fork Outfitters fly shop in Swan Valley. There will be Do nuts, muffins, coffee, milk and juice to get our day started. Todd Lanning and some of the guides will be giving us some tips on what to use and how to fish the section of river from the Dam to Conant. Our fishing day will look something like this:[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]APRIL 10, 2010[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]8:00 am Meet at the fly shop for some coffee, donuts and other stuff as well as words of wisdom from Todd Lanning and the gang. We will go over any questions you might have and then turn you loose to catch all the Rainbows you can get into your boat.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]4:00 pm Meet back at the fly shop to swap lies and tell stories and end the day with comradeship knowing that we have done our best to help our native Cutthroat.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Fred Sica is acting as host for this Snake River Cutthroats event. Please sign up via email to [/font][url "mailto:zorba28@gmail.com"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff]fsica@inra.org[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Times New Roman"] or give him a call at 524-4800 daytime or 357-2144 in the evenings. Everyone is welcome to join us in this fun and very worthwhile event, if you’re a Snake River Cutthroat and Trout Unlimited member come on out and support the club, if you’re not a member you’re still very welcome. Come on out and see what were all about.[/font]
[signature]
Good fun and a good cause! Thanks for the invite CJ!

Don
[signature]