Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about fish Parasites
My frined caught a grover (mangrove snapper) down here in Florida and when We gutted it, it had a very thin black worm in the egg sack. We decided not to eat the fish since that never happend before. We thought it might be Ciguatera or something. If Anyone knows wut it might be please inform me. thanx
Danny
[signature]
[li][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Napes: The area next to the belly area of the fish that is usually the main source of nematodes.[/size][/font] [li][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Nematode: Roundworms of the family Anisakidae, commonly found in marine fish. They are also referred to as cod worms and herring worms. Human illness from ingesting these parasites is rare.[/size][/font] [li][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]Nematodes: Parasites that are killed by freezing and/or cooking. They are not harmful to humans if frozen below 0oF or cooked for 1 minute at 140oF.[/size][/font] [/li]
[signature]
in the future you should take pictures of these sort of things so they can be positively identified. [cool]

besides I have a strong stomach and would not mind seeing the little buggards.[Tongue]
[signature]
mamels get them too , i see them in geer from time to time , there white in color , about 3" long and look like a cheep piece of 15 lb. mono-fishingline .
[signature]
ya I have seen them in rabbits, squrils, and racoons... but never in a geer. (by the way what is a geer? [sly]

just kiddin I know ya meen beer... lol
[signature]

Hi davetclown,

I think lonehunter meant dear. That's on account of I think I saw one in my dear before. Not sure though!

JapanRon
[signature]
UH , I MENT TO DO THAT , ( BIG LIE )[blush]

UP HERE A FEW YEARS AGO A CIRCUS TRAIN TIPPED OVER AND A FEW GEESE GOT OUT , ONE WAS A RATHER AMEROUS MALE THAT THOUGHT DEER WERE A THING OF BUEATY , ANYWAY TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT HE FELL IN LOVE WITH A DOE AND BY SPRINGTIME , THE FIRST CROSSBRED WAS BORN . IT WAS DUBBED A GEER . ( OH MY , THAT'S A WHOPPER OF A BIG LIE ! I'M GONNA BURN IN HADIES FOR THAT LINE OF BULL ) [blush]

geer ! lol . i didn't see that mistake ! yep ,i seen worms in mexican beer seen them in my dEEr too , but never in my dEAr , LOL! [laugh]

MY" DEAR "WOULD BUST NE UPSIDE THE HEAD IF I TOLD HER I WAS GOING TO TAKE HER TO THE VETS TO GET DE-WORMED ! [pirate]LOL !

AS YOU CAN TELL GUY'S , THESE LITTLE MISTAKES OF OURS ARE A LOT OF FUN TO PLAY WITH , THANKS FOR GIVING ME A GOOD CHUCKLE AND A WELL DESERVED RIBBING ! I'M GLAD I HAVE PALS LIKE YOU TO EGG ME ON WHEN I PULL A BOO-BOO ![Smile]
[signature]

Hi lonehunter,

I demand the same treatment when I do it!! Anything less will be considered an insult.

JapanRon
[signature]
you got it pal of mine , i'm still getting a laugh out of it , talk about ending the day with a Smile ! [Smile]
[signature]
we wouldn't want to do that! now would we [Tongue]

I just thought I would have a little fun at my pal-Al's expence... lol [laugh]
[signature]
THER'S NUTTIN BETTER THAN JOSHING WITH YOUR PALS , THAT'S WHAT MAKES THIS PLACE SO FANTASTIC ![Wink] AND I DON'T MIND BEING THE EXPENCE-IVED ONE [crazy]. LOL !
[signature]