Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bwos on the ogden
stepped out back with the dog this afternoon and was walking up the river opposite side of the dinosaure park. and notice quite a bit of surface activity on the river. When I got back home grabed my rod and waders and walked back fished for about 1 1/2 and caught 5-6 12 in browns. The fish were raising like crazy for about 15 mins. then stop At this point i would switch to midge nymphs and high stick'em. Then they would raise like crazy again (some even 2-3 feet away from where i stood in the river) and I would switch back to little bwos. Any way all fish were caught on 16-18 size flys. And for you ogden river fishers get over there and get ya some great top water action. I didnt take any pics nothing really worth looking at 10-12 inch browns but good practice for upcoming trips. I did wish i could tape the boiling though thats kind of cool to see
[signature]
I saw the same thing it's like they were hatching in waves. It was awesome!Every few minutes the fish would just start going nuts and it seemed like all you had to do was cast in the middle of it.
[signature]
THANX FOR SHARING

tiffany jewelry sale
tiffany jewelry sale
tiffany jewelry sale
tiffany jewellery sale
[signature]
thanks for sharing
[signature]
How long does the bwo hatch usually last?And can you tell me what the next hatch or hatches will be?What to look for? I really appreciate any tips. Especially for the Ogden because thats where i spend 99% of my time.
[signature]
It will last for few days mabe even weeks for prime hatches. As far as what to look for is warm but overcast days seem to be the best. But you dont have to have those conditions for a good hatch. If you dont know much about it just go over there and if you see top water action from now until lets say next couple of weeks there probably feeding on blue wing olives. Just tie on one about 14-18 size make a good present and you should be hooking fish in no time hope any of that helps. If not raising maybe try emerger that will get them too
[signature]
Thanks for the tips! I've experimented with several types of nymphs,Midges,etc..... but never specifically Emerger's. I've had success with say an Elk hair caddis with a Midge or small nymph bellow. Thats the way you would use the Emerger right? Thanks again for the help....
[signature]