Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this years vetern fishing event????
when is this years vetern fishing event????
anyone have any input yet or has the veterans hospitol
contacted the club yet??
cant wait to get out on the lakes again
[signature]
I asked the same question awhile back on the "Off Topic" board you can see what the reply was there, hope this helps.
[signature]
Bassrods sent out a message earlier this year about getting the event together agian this year. I have not heard anything recently about the date. I believe he still plans on doing it again.
My wives computer went out and we lost all phone # and E-mail address....

I don't know if I can do it this year, I got some ground out side of Del Rio Texas and may be moving there this year...

If any one wants to take it over I will help out as much as I can....
[signature]
I put out the press releases last year for the event and am more than willing to do that again this year if we can get it organized. I think that this is an amazing way to show the veterans our thanks for all they have done for us. Being a disabled vet myself it makes me proud to see all the great sportsman here in Utah make such an effort to make one great day and memories for our troops!!!

Let's all try and make it happen again and thanks again to Bassrods for last years event.
To start off we need to have a meeting of who wants to be in charge of a group and things like that, Sportsman in Midvale could be the place to meet...

And to go over what went good and what we can improve on ..
[signature]
I sure want to participate again this year. I had a blast last year. Getting to any meetings before the first of June will be outta the question for me though. I'm gonna be working six 12 hr. night shifts a week most of May.
[signature]
If anyone wants to plan a meeting I will try and be there.
I will help out. Let me know how and when I usually can get time off work easily. Give me a time and date I will do what I can. I can start off with bring my Boat and drinks or food.
Last year I was to late to sign up so let me know.
[signature]
[quote fishned]Dubob, can you help out again? E-mail me or post here if you're in.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Ed,[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4][/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]PM sent.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
While on the subject of a veteran fishing day, A good friend of mine put his father in the new VA Home in Ogden. While there he talked to the Activities Director (her name is Pauline). She was asking if we knew anyone who might have some old fishing poles laying around that they wuld like to donate to the VA home. Seems the Vets like to fish once in a while. Go figure. He called me, and I said I know just the people to ask. So that's what I'm doing.. If anyone has a rod and reel they don't mind parting with, the home is looking for about 2 dozen. You can call her at 801 334 4340. As a Vet myself, who fortunately is still able to fish on my own, I want to thank BFT for making a vets life a little more enjoyable. god bless
[signature]