Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Finder Question
I just recently bought a hummingbird max10 fish finder, it is a pretty cheep one so i could just use for ice fishing and on a small boat. so i set it up to be portable. I took it out today and tried it out for the first time and it could tell the depth correctly, but it won't pick up any fish. I set it up so it had fish ID on, but it didn't pick up a single fish the whole evening when i was catching fish in the area. It would only pick up some weeds or just what it looked like were weeds, maybe they were fish, but it just didn't pick them up as fish.
Does anyone have the same fish finder or a simular cheep fish finder, and how does it work for you? maybe i just set it up wrong or something.
[signature]
A few questions that might help people to answer your question better. First how deep was the water you were fishing in? With a cone angle of only 20 degrees your are not looking at a very large are below you. In 10ft of water you are looking at area of only 3.5ft. In 20ft of water the circle you can see below is only 7.1ft. Second did you try different sensitivity levels? Too low and it pretty much just reads the bottom. Too high and anything and everything becomes a fish. Once you find what works for the way you fish you still have to adjust some days due to water conditions and clarity.
[signature]