Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish in the pond
I just started fishing like weeks ago
where i go is a park very close to my house, theres a pond with a lot (for me)fish (i saw a lot different fish, but so far what i catched r just catfish)
------idk my point...i just have a lot questions
1..in a pond, whats the length between bobber and the hook would be goood.
2....my friend told me to use corn(it worked), so i tried soft bait and hard bait today.... -------didnt get any(it was raining tho..i like to go out when its raining)
so what kind bait would be the best..
and the hoooks type
3....after i casted the bait...should i keep moving the bobber(bait) or just....leave there ....
4............. a lot people fish in different ways..different baits..poles...blah blah-.-

while i was waiting....
i cant stopp wondering is there any fishing staring at my bait.........so i cant help pull it back(i know we should be pacient.....so how long should i wait...generally?.....)
[signature]
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Well first off, Corn is illegal to use for bait, or chum. Get yourself some uncooked shrimp, and night crawlers. This for the cats. do a worm and shrimp combo on your hook. I have had great luck fishing with a bobber. depending where your fish are my bait isn't no more than 2' under the bobber, it could vary though. Let your bobber set, patience.... The cats have a keen sense of smell but at times they need time to hunt it down. good luck
[signature]
thx smokerdog..
wow.cnt believe corn is illegal(i'll stop using it)-.- hope it wont kill those fish at the pond...
uncooked shrimp is easy to....get and..handle..
but the night crawlers....ah....ah..-.-...i'll try..
...................................................................................
[signature]
[ol][li]the distance between bobber and hook depends on where you are fishing and what your hoping to catch. Any where from 3 inches to 5 feet deep is the way I go.[/li][li]Corn is leagle in michigan, so check your state rules reguarding bait,[/li]
[ul][li] Chumming is not lawfull in michigan. [/li][li]the size hook again depends on what you want to catch. but a long shank or eagle claw size number 6 hook will catch just about everything.[/li][li]Just starting out, a can of worms or wax worms will do you good, and when in season crickets are dinomite[/li][/ul][li]I reel in mostly just to keep as much slack line beteen me and the bobber picked up. but I do pull the bobber in about 3 inches at a time with a quick jerk just to give it a little jigging action.[/li][li]To each his own boyz....[/li][/ol]

**** How long do you wait? depends on wind, weather, and if you want to cast in to a different location... you feal for it is as good as any one elses, Just be curtious of your neighboring anglers, if you are near them, try to keep it to a minimum. and if your are one of those people who have to constantly have a moving offering, switch to spinners and other types of crank baits or take up fly fishing.
[signature]
OK.....TODAY..

....I SPENT ABOUT 3 HOURS ...
AND........NOTHING...NOTHING AT ALL_
[Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif][Image: dumb.gif]
THERE WERE A FEW PPLE
NONE OF US DID GET ANY
IS THAT...USUAL?
[signature]
It happens to every one.

dont let any one tell you any different.

thats why they call it fishing and not catching..

there is no guarntee that you will catch fish, not even in a bucket full of fish.

time of day, moon faze, weather conditions all are factors when it comes to fishing.[Wink]
[signature]