Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toothpaste on my tube
This bizarre addition to my float tube happened this last week.

I was reading this article:
http://www.sschapterpsa.com/ramblings/ke..._paste.htm

when I thought about using Crest for the problem slime fish.

On a creek I can clean my hands with sand most of the time and it takes off the slime that some fish just seem to have an abundance of. On a float tube I can't do that, so I usually have a towel or rag. Sometimes even that isn't enough! I don't like putting soap in the water so I thought I would try the toothpaste for washing my hands (only occasionally do I need it). A small dab of the toothpaste is amazing at removing the slime factor! It must be the abrasive in it that makes it work better than regular soap. I had thought of using a pumice stone and I still might try that, but for now -- there is a brighter Smile out there. -- brighter hands that is?

I don't know on the smell factor yet, if it affects the fishing, it didn't seem to on my last trip. The jury is still out on that for me. What works in the ocean may not work in small reservoirs.

There are several other interesting articles on that same website.
[signature]
Pretty cool though and get toothpaste at the $ store can be very cost effective.
[signature]

And an added feature is that your hands will smell minty fresh!![Wink]
[signature]
The minty fresh smell is a big plus at lunch time!!![laugh]

According to the article Crest Regular is what they were cleaning their lures with. To me it doesn't have that strong of a smell, but I know fish can smell a whole lot better than I can [shocked] so I guess careful is the main thing with smelly products and fishing. That goes for everything from soaps to sunscreen. The toothpaste may put a little something in the water, but environmentally I think it is way better than most soaps. Maybe a little fluoride will make the fish bigger and stronger!!

I know that it is kind of strange and I debated about posting it, but thought it would get a good laugh if nothing else. For me, I really dislike the slime and old fish smell after a day of fishing. --- Maybe it is a "girl thing"[:p]
[signature]