Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber
I am going to hit the Weber sometime in the next few days. Cant decide whether to go up by Wanship or more towards Taggart/Morgan. Any advice?
[signature]
Go hit the Provo[Smile]. OK I think you know better than that so either spot on the Weber should be fine. But if your looking for big browns I'd hit Morgan or even much further downstream. Some real beasts hanging out in shallow water right now just waiting for streamers to be thrown at them. Tie your knots well, check your line for nicks frequently and use 3x flouro because hooking them is much easier than landing them if you make the slightest mistake.
[signature]
Thanks Riverdog, I was leaning more towards the Morgan area. I need to explore a bit more below Morgan. I have only fished below Morgan once cause I don't know that area very well. Can't wait to get it out.
[signature]
water still has a little stain on it. you can walk a stretch of the weber in morgan near the school, there is a paved path there. with 141 going through alot of people lost access to "Hog Alley". if you have the time go up 80 and take the Coalville exit, then turn by the hotel and go down the dirt road until you start comming to the easments. a ton of big browns in the middle section also and a majority of the people that fish that section do follow the no bait rule.
[signature]
When you takin' me on these great spots. After Friday nites gig, I am freeee!
[signature]
I hit the Weber in Taggart on Monday fished the backsection downstream from the freeway bridge. Lots of 14 to 16 inch browns Had a quadruple crown, 1 cut & 2 rainbows, of course whitefish an a bunch small browns.
No hogs but there in there. [Wink]

As mention earlier the water is a bit discolored and seems to be running a bit higher than normal but still wadable I got to say fishing was great I lost count after 17.

Fly of the day was a gray scud with a silver bead I used similar scuds brown & green with copper or gold beads seems they took the chrome bead every time.

Heres a quick pic of my new toy [Wink][Wink][Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Thanks guys. I am way excited now. I will let everyone know how it goes.
[signature]
Kelly Galloup's choice of rod in a 6 weight......nice.
[signature]
Well, had a great day on the weeb. Great weather and great fishing. Caught a bunch of Browns and Whitefish. Browns were average size but had some lunker whitefish. Nymphs of choice seemed to be red copper johns and sow bugs. The flow dropped dramatically around 5pm though, which didn't help some of the great drifts we were hitting. All in all, a great day on the weber.
[signature]