Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
~report~OEJ and just trolling taking friday off.
So we took Friday off, want to get some golf and fishing in on one day...

Left the valley at about noon, drove through UTah county to go to the berry via Provo canyon. Polo warned us about the road work delays to expect but it was easy sailing all the way threw. We hit Heber and looked to the South East and saw a wall of unforgiving blackness, something staright from hell... Decided to keep trucking and wait the storm out, yeah...right... Spent 2.5 hours waiting with no let up so we tore outta there heading home with out getting the boat wet in lake water. Hid the 'nele on the way back, never seen it so boatless in my life. Got on the water and did some trout fishing. We were there for about 2 minutes when trolling hit the first (and last) trout of the day, a nice 14" bow off a worm and bobber. Also caught a huge chub. All in all it was a great day not in the office.
[signature]
isn't that blasphemy to mention golf and fishing in the same sentence, or just golf and fly fishing[Tongue]

Trent
[signature]
No it's [size 1]blasphemy to mention golf period. Can't think of anytime spent doing something useless. With fishing if its raining that just time spent getting to the next fishing hole.[/size]
[signature]
I had the privilage of driving through that storm twice. Once between Park City and Heber on the way back from a staff meeting in Salt Lake. Couldn't see through the windshield with the wipers on high. Slippin' and slidin' all over the place. Winds over 60m.p.h. I felt bad for anyone pulling a trailer that day. Glad you made it home O.K. The second time was as I pulled into the driveway in Roosevelt, I found out I had to take my girlfriends son to meet his dad at the Strawberry visitors center. Off I went again. Not quite as bad this time. She had lost a little umph getting over the summit, but it was still a storm and a half. Probably helped that for the second trip I was in my truck instead of a Ford Taurus state vehicle like the first trip.
[signature]
Hey Curtisfish, I haven't heard from you in a while, have you been to Starvation lately? Do you want to give it a try this coming weekend? WH2
[signature]
Golfing????? What is that??? Just kidding!!!! Well hopefully we can get out and do a strawberry trip in the next few weeks when the water temp drops a bit more!!!
[signature]
No kidding, seems like I said a 4 letter curse word here, oh well, now I know what not to mention around here![Smile][unsure]
[signature]
If the guys can talk about bowling (at least I think it was bowling -- but not quite sure) on here -- you can go ahead and talk about golfing. LOL
[signature]