Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber Help
Just wondering if anyone has been up to the Weber lately. I know the spawn is over, but im hoping the fishing hasn't died. Im trying to get up there next week so any info on the conditions would be great. Thanks
[signature]
I just home from weeb... boy was it cold !@#$ Fished devil slide area lots of snow had to break through ice to wade down stream. Fishing was slow but average for this time of year in total caught 6 I think the biggest fish I caught was 16 inches the rest were all small smal small browns not one white fish today ???

All were caught on a 20 phesant tail or a black zebra midge
[signature]
[quote sinergy]I just home from weeb... boy was it cold !@#$ Fished devil slide area lots of snow had to break through ice to wade down stream. Fishing was slow but average for this time of year in total caught 6 I think the biggest fish I caught was 16 inches the rest were all small smal small browns not one white fish today ???

All were caught on a 20 phesant tail or a black zebra midge[/quote]

I fished the same area Saturday and caught 13 in about 2 1/2 hours and I couldn't agree more, it was freaking cold! I was running mostly the same pattern when I caught my browns (small pheasant tail with a Zebra dropper). I did catch about 7 whitefish and they were liking the irish spring attractor I had on at first and the zebra dropper.

I did try and egg pattern that looks like an unfertilized egg grouping and I caught one on it and then it got snagged and I lost it. I'd stick with the midges and you should be golden for sure.
[signature]
Fished the weeb sat from 11:00 to 1:30 on sat SLAYFEST! Fished it near wanship[:p] Landed #15 plus in that span.50/50 browns and whitedog"s mostly on a #16 flashback/beadhead olive scud.Also did well on a #20 black zebra(gold bead/thread)Only reason I left was to watch the 2nd half of the utes game and enjoy some family time!PM if you want some more info,good luck!
[signature]
Just our of curiosity are your guys water hauling your flies up stream and just letting them drifting down... My line, leader & strike indicator kept freezing over making it real hard dry cast.
[signature]
[quote sinergy]Just our of curiosity are your guys water hauling your flies up stream and just letting them drifting down... My line, leader & strike indicator kept freezing over making it real hard dry cast.[/quote]

I was just casting as I normally do and letting the line drift down stream. I did have to de-ice my eyelets a couple of times and my reel actually froze up and I had to take it back to the car to de-ice it.
[signature]
I wish I was younger so I could go up and torture myself like you guys.
[signature]
Sinergy,try a product by loon outdoors called stanley's ice off paste.you rub product between finger's and apply to rod tip and top 2 eyelet's,it works untill it get's real fricking cold!Mr jim beam allway's help's help w/ the cold as well![Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the tip Ive heard of stanleys but never used it ill have to give it a try ..

The problem I was having is my leader was freezing, everything from the fly up to the butt end of the leader Even my strike indicator turned into a big Ice cube
[signature]
Now that is cold. Sometimes it just isn't worth it cold!!!!
I use the paste and have for years. It works to a degree, but remember you are pulling cold wet line across it constantly, so it is a losing battle.
The only way I have got past it was to pull enough line out I could handle it without stripping it through the guides (Like a Tenkara)

Pm me if you need another leader or two. Are you using the mono furled? I fine they stick LESS then the thread ones.
[signature]
Ya I may need another mono leader I keep breaking them [mad]

The last one I used to keep the fender on my truck from flapping in the wind during that wind storm we had. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

True story I was driving on Bangater and the plastic piece that covers the bumper and fender poped off and was flapping all over so I pulled over wrapped you leader around it a couple of times and it work like a charm [sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
That's funny! Pm me an address and how long you need.
[signature]
It still is cold up there - I fished today from 1:00 till about 5:15. I was fishing just a lane of water that was open between sheets of ice from each bank. I was only able to make about 15 casts before the ice was so heavy on the line and leader that I had to bring it in and clean it off. The fish were also a bit timid - no real strikes - just slight hesitations. I did manage an 18+ whitefish and a couple of fat 15" cutts. Rest were 8-10 inch browns.
[signature]