Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum??? Any Ice???
Going Mantua or Hyrum today, just wondering if there is any safe ice on Hyrum, Any advice?
[signature]
I would stay off Mantua. I live in Brigham and we have had the same temps as everywhere else. Yesterday was really warm. With a guy going through on Saturday and all the open holes I saw on Saturday, I would think you need to wait a little while. Just me though. Be careful.
[signature]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fishing_General_F58/gforum.cgi?post=629027;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]Wurd I Hurd[/url] - is Hyrum is ice free, except up by the inlet. I'm thinnin' on taking out the boat once more! Haven't had any feedback on Newton, but I'll bet it's worse that Mantua.

The stories I hear of Mantua sounds a bit risky. One guy went through last week. Seems there's some good ice, but slush on top, and pockets.
Don't think it's been cold enough at night to solidify up.

I did check the Benson launch and lot - seems open, the launch along Hwy 30 is open too. But there was some frozen ice sheets south of Benson, and big wafer chunks breaking loose and flowing north.
Still curious about the Cache Junction launch- if anyone passes by there.

Sounds like Willard North is launchable, open, not sure about the south end conditions. But I wouldn't count on any ice unless your gaining some elevation.
Thanks, I might go scope out Lost creek, unless anyone has any info on that or maybe even east canyon.
[signature]