Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber Coldness
Hello to everyone. I have been a member for a while, and haven't posted. It's time for that to change. [Smile] Went to the Weber between the reservoirs yesterday....brrrrr it was cold. The flies, strike indicator, leaders, lines, eyelets, etc froze over after 3-5 casts. We kept after it though, managed to get into many rainbows, whitefish and a brown. They were hitting black zebra midges (18), sow bugs (14-16) and PT (18). We definitely didn't slay them, but it was consistent.

I have been reading posts on this site for a year or so. I think you all give some great reports & information. I hope to contribute to this.

Tight lines everyone. Be safe out there.
[signature]
welcome. give a flash back beatis with or with out a bead head a try in a 20 or 22 as your bottom fly and a 20 hares ear bead head on top a try. has always produced for me on the middle section. good to hear you got into the fish
[signature]
Glad you chimed in!!! I've been holding off going out for fear of line freeze. I fished the middle section one time were I had to carry my line in my hand because it had froze after 3 or 4 casts. Bummer after an hour drive.
[signature]
I hit the weber today and it was friggin cold.Line and Strike indicator were frozen most of the day. The browns were hungry though, so it was worth braving the elements for a few hours.
[signature]
What section did you fish ? I fished Taggart on Saturday
the front section is mostly frozen over was able to find some open water in the back. Was suprised seen midges all over the snow but the the browns were taking #18 PT over any midge pattern...

Oh on a side note isn't deer hunting season over ? Kept hearing rifle shots, and didn't see any ducks but the shots sounded close wonder what they were shooting at. [pirate]
[signature]
That day I was fishing below Rockport. Glad to hear you got into some fish. [Smile]
[signature]