Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to change line, Good afternoon bassin' w/pics ....
Well guys, it's time to change my line. I've been using 8lb spiderwire all winter but now that the spring rains have started and the ponds are back up I can't pull those hawgs through the 10 feet of weeds and bushes along the bank.

I had three break my line this afternoon trying to get them through all that so I am heading to Wallyworld right now to go back to my spring/summer braided line.

Here are just a couple of pics of the size fish I was catching this afternoon. Caught around 10 in all and lost 3. One of the ones that got away was well over 5lbs.

[inline church3_1.JPG]

[inline church3_2.JPG]

Here is the sunset at the pond I caught these at this afternoon, It's one of the most beautiful ponds near my place and I fish it more often than any other around here:

[inline church3_3.JPG]

Tight lines guys! I am fishing this pond all day tomorrow so I might have a great bass to post in this years Bass Fishing Rival Contest... hehe.....
[signature]
Kick some butt today. We want to see some of those 5+ pders.
[signature]
Thanks gdn443, There's one super largemouth in this pond. It has broken my line once (12lb test) it's a jumper and has gotten off my line twice because it goes skyborn at least three times in a row. My friend Jimmy has hooked her once too and lost her because she jumps and jumps and gets free.

That bass is probably well over 8lb and up to 10lb. We've never got her close enough to shore to get a good estimate but we know she's in there and someone will land her someday. One great thing about this pond is the fact that no one keeps any bass from it, every bass caught in this pond gets released. As you can see from the picture it's not very large and most bass fishermen just pass it by. It's a very well kept secret that it holds consistent 3-5lb bass and has a few well over 5lb. And it holds that huge one that we have nicknamed (The Church Lady). The pond is called church pond because there's a church over by the road near it.

I'm going to work this pond all day today and try for her.
[signature]
What is the bass fishing rival contest?
[signature]

bass fishing rival contest:

link:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Freshwater_Fishing_Forum_C70/Bass_Fishing_F162/gforum.cgi?post=638413;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...d;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
My buddy is heading out today for the first time. I'm nurseing a rotor cup surgery, so flippen a crankbait will have to wait a few months if not longer. You boys have fun with the contest. [cool]
[signature]