Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenai River Fishing
[cool][#0000ff]Just going back through some of my old files and found an online game I used to enjoy. Sure have wasted a lot of hours...my own and company...trying to beat my best catches.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/kenairiverrun/kenairiverrun.html"]KENAI RIVER RUN[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry but I assume no responsibility for loss of sleep or jobs. Great way to pass the time while Mama Nature is off her meds.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Now you gone and done it now i wont get Lisa off the computer!! [:p]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, she's gotta have something to do when you won't take her fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll bet she outscores you too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
She is an expert now i had to rename the file to fantasy football so i could play it.[Wink]
[signature]
Thats a fun game, caught the biggest fish of my life. Oh ya and a boot. Thanks for the fun man.[Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]On a good (bad) day you can harvest lotsa logs for future wood burning adventures...maybe cooking your catch. Don't know if you have caught one yet but there are also cell phones for those who make sloppy casts.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Never could find anything that moose would take. But if I hooked him I'd be wanting to boogie out of there in a hurry. They don't have a 300 Weatherby Magnum in their choice of lures.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Yeah...lotsa fun. And the longer I play the less I believe that it is a matter of precision casting. I have hooked big salmon on sloppy casts and logs on perfect casts. But who's counting.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
is there a way i can play the game without clickin on your post. Im not very computer smart sorry
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You need to create a "shortcut" on your desktop screen.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]1. Go to[url "http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/kenairiverrun/kenairiverrun.html"] WEBSITE[/url] (click here)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]2. When the game comes up, right click on the screen. When the options menu appears click on "Create Shortcut"...and then OK. There will be a new icon on your screen desktop. You can rename it by right clicking on the icon, left clicking on "Rename" and then naming it whatever you want.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You can leave that shortcut on your screen or drag and drop it into any other file folder you want.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Got it downloadid thanks man for the help or should i say thanks for gettin me addicted[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
I think logs should be worth triple points as that is what I used to catch the most of on that game.
[signature]
those kings really boost your score. but nothing fights like a trophy sized log.
[signature]
You think the game is fun??? You should try fishing the Kenai in real life!

Fishology Alaska
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Been there done that. Had a good friend (Gary Lindstrom) who ran "Big Dog's Guide Service" out of Soldotna. (Died of skin cancer a couple of years ago.)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Still good fishing but not the great fishing of past years. Full contact combat fishing at its finest. And the diminishing runs and the increased restrictions make it tougher all the time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Still...infinitely better than fishing it from your computer.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Although I didn't know Gary well, I did know him. It was more than a couple years ago that he passed wasn't it??? Anyways, you're right, the Kenai can be very crowded during certain times of the year. It's all about marketing, and it's easy to market 75 pound Kings... unfortunately many visitors don't get to experience the Kenai at its best because they fall for those pictures of someone holding a giant King, but trust me when I tell you that it is still amazing if you're there during the right time, and in the right place. Hint Hint... don't come during late July (that's when EVERYONE is here)

Fishology Alaska
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yeah, it was probably about 5 years ago when Gary died. I did not even know about it until I talked with another outfitter from Soldotna and asked about Gary. We used to pull the oars together on the Smith and Klamath in California. Then he sold out and moved north. His wife Bev caught an 85# king their first year there and he was frothing at the mouth to beat her all the time they were still together.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I know there are still some big ol' bigguns in the Kenai. That is a special run of special fish. But they are fewer and they really get hammered. Size is the only real attraction. Those big ugly dark fish are good for little more than a picture or a replica mount.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The sockeyes, on the other hand, seem to keep a lot of folks happy and supplied with fish. I just can't get excited about having other folks standing on my left foot while I am fishing. Too much like the ice fishing crowd down here at Utah Lake when the white bass come in.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Never did get after the big bows on the Iliamna.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What about the big bows on the Kenai??? Here's on from last week

fishology alaska
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I know there are some big bows in there too. In fact, Trevor Gowdy has done a couple of programs on it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Gary used to also talk about the Russian and the Kasilof. Alas...never made it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The Kenai is one of the few places that is actually worth bumping boats for. 3rd week in July for me is enough to keep you hooked the rest of your life! [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
Which is why I can understand your feelings towards the Kenai River.... you've probably only fished the lower river, and probably only fished it during July. There is sooooo much more to this area than that! Maybe someday you'll try to stomach a trip back this direction and try something different [Wink]
[signature]