Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite bass baits and lures
What is your favorite bass bait or lure?
[signature]
no question the baby dancin eels made by yum are amazing!! its a swimbait and crank at the same time and you can fish it so many ways!! ive cought over a dozen 6+ lb bass!
[signature]
Senco type worms in black or watermelon.Weightless
[signature]
Black spinner bait #1 lure I catch more Bass on than any other lure.

Senco soft plastic worms weightless, wacky rigged #2 bait I catch most bass on.
[signature]
My favorite is 10"-12" Curl tail or Ripple tail Worm, main colors I have had great success is Black, Blue with Silver Sparkles, Purple with Red Sparkles, and Red. I also like Spinner Bait Purple with White and Blue with White Sparkles.
[signature]
two words ...Banjo Minnow used with 4-6lb mono or fleurocarbon w spinning tackle
[signature]
You are missing some serious options in your poll... I was going to vote for a jig, but it's not there. [Tongue] Not to mention topwater baits... or even spinnerbaits.

BTW... my vote is a jig.
[signature]
The one I painted. heehee
[Image: shadbait.jpg]
[signature]
1. My own hand poured tubes and grubs.
2. Rat-L-Trap
3. Top Water
I know I picked three but there they are in that order!
[signature]
[indent]missed one live blue gills nothing get a bass here better then hooking a gill and throwing it back out. that and yozuri crystal minnows in black and silver and rat- L - traps in black and silver. the reason for the black and silver is they look like the minnows we got in the lakes up here.
[/indent]
[signature]
What color rat l traps?And how deep should i fish rat~l~traps.What color top waters?
[signature]
Rat-l-trap
Rainbow Trout, Bleeding Shad, Bleeding Craw
Topwater
Black With Glitter, Perch, Frog

Rat-l-traps - Sink but don't dive... Rip them right over the top af the weeds...
[signature]
Rat-l-traps definitely dive. Unless you are confusing it with something else.
[signature]
That is why a Rat-L-Trap is called a lipless crankbait, used for cranking skinny water over weeds rocks, wood, or to get fish near the surface... Might sink a little as you are cranking it, but a Rat-L-Trap does not dive. A sink is not a dive...
No confusion here...
[signature]
sorry to bring this up daffy. they do now make a lipped rat-l-trap the one i got is a non lipped just like daffy said. as for when and ware to fish fish them i like off deep water points were the deep water meets the shallows and come out to a point. that and structure like docks boat houses.weed lines do not fish a crank bait in the weed but on the edge of them some time fish come shooting out of those weeds after baits.
[signature]
I don't want to argue with you but I use rat-l-traps all the time for bass pike and musky. They all dive. Even the floating traps dive down to 3 feet. If you don't believe me go to your local tackle shop and look. All crank baits dive, weather they float sink or suspend. When you begin to reel in a trap it forces water over the nose of the bait pushing it downward just like the lip on a regular crank. The only difference with a trap is that to get it to go deeper you up the weight instead of the size of the lip like on a regular crank.

If i am fishing a weed bed that is in 10' of water i will count down my trap to about 7' then start my retrieve and i can feel the trap tapping the tops of the weeds. How do i gain that other 3' of water???? The trap dives. I don't really know how else to show you this than to bring you out on my boat and show you first hand.
[signature]
I have a lipped rat-l-trap or what I thought was a rat-l-trap, will have to look... I have wasted about two hours looking for a - Lipped Rat-L-Trap - Diving Rat-L-Trap - Diving Lippless bait - I will leave this entirely alone... Weather or not a Rat-L-Trap dives will I guess go down with the how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop... All this debate will not change the fact that the Rat-L-Trap is what it is, one of America's most popular bass plugs... I realize that that last sentence will spark a whole new debate "A Rat-L-Trap is not a bass plug it IS a bla bla bla..." Heheh
Life is good aint it!!!
[signature]
My favorites - masu master shad 40f, Pontoon 21 Cheerful 40 SP, rigge 35F
[signature]