Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bluegill or perch
got a new pole and want to go catch some perch or bluegill dose anyone know where to catch them
[signature]
If your down in the valley Utah Lake is a great place. Just pitch out a little piece of worm under a bobber around the docks/marinas areas or up shallower against some reeeds
[signature]
Kinda depends on where you're located, how far you're willing to travel. Lots of ponds and lakes have 'em.
Challenge - at least up north - is the water is still a might chilly. Mantua will be turning on in a month or so for spawning bass/bluegill. It's not so great for perch.
I've done well with perch at Hyrum, Newton.

I know Willard's got both - if you find some brushy areas against the rocks, or in the marinas. Crappie there too.
Pineview's got them all, but probably too cold there too yet.

You might look into some local community ponds in your area even. I know some had da 'gills!
I love panfishing, too.

My favorite bluegill spots are Mantua and UL, so you should be pretty close to one of them. Pineview has both perch and bluegills, as well as crappie.

Both are a bit cold right now for good bluegill fishing, but as soon as the water warms significantly (which will happen pretty quick once the air temps rise, and it stops snowing). Both lakes will have bluegills all over close to the banks when the water hits the mid-high 50's. The tips about UL above are great, too.

I go to UL and look for white bass in the spring, but if you don't find them, walk down the bank and cast into open spots in the reeds and tules, not too deep. You'll find bluegill and crappie in there.
[signature]
with the tempes being in the 60s and 70s will that turn um on
[signature]
I fish Mantua alot. its not warm enough to catch alot, but i went up today and i caught 4 bass about 12'' and 3 little 10'' planter trout. So its on its climb up, it should start getting better as the heat comes up and stays up..
[signature]
You always have the option to shell out your $100 and go north. That's usually my best bet.
[signature]