Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NE Ark. Flood Update (It's Getting Worse) not receding.
Here are a few more images of the flooding here around my home town in NE Arkansas. I put a breif description above each. You can click the image for larger view of each.

Below is a photo taken at Interstate 63 just on the south side of my town. The water is about to go over the interstate if it doesn't subside.
[inline INTERSTATE_0037.JPG]

Below are two of my favorite ponds looking from the interstate. You usually can't even see the water in them from this angle. You can see the trees on the banks that are usually about 5 to 8 feet from the actual water. The ponds are side by side. The top image you can see that they have almost completely merged.

[inline pond_0076.JPG]

The other end of the pond ,on the left in the image above, about to overflow into the farm land.
[inline pond_0080.JPG]

Below is image of the St. Francis Shute I showed you images of in my last post. Today the water it actually hitting the bottom of the bridge and just needs to rise 2-3 foot and it would overflow the bridge.
[inline RIVER_0047.JPG]

Below are various images from around my town and the nearest town (Payneway) about 2 miles away from me.

[inline 100_0045.JPG]

[inline 100_0041.JPG]

This one gives you perspective of the depth.
[inline 100_0064.JPG]

Local National Guard saving some elderly that couldn't get out in time.
[inline 100_0066.JPG]

Just a few more images.
[inline 100_0067.JPG]

[inline 100_0063.JPG]

Even the old timers that are in their 80's say they don't remember anything like this around here. I hope this doesn't destroy to many homes or take any lives in our area. I also hope the ponds I love so much don't get ruined. I know this is going to be a mess when the waters finally recede.

So far a few homes and buildings have been flooded but no one in our two towns has been hurt. But the water is still rising for some reason even after we were told it would CREST yesterday.

I'll keep you all posted.
[signature]
I had to go get some gas so I charged my camera and made a 5 minute video of the flooding to add to this post.

Video can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCiPHN7OtM
[signature]
Thanks for the update. Looks like a real mess. Ours prayers are with you and the neighbors.
[signature]
Dang that sucks, i see how it could ruin the ponds/lakes, the fish could swim up into that stuff getting stuck. Dang I feel extremely lucky. Prayers are for you and your town, glad you are okay.
[signature]
Well it just keeps getting worse for us here. We had more thunderstorms just popup out of nowhere this afternoon with flash flooding again on top of the heavy flood waters.

There was a hail storm on my way home from Jonesboro. I went to buy some new Berkley Trilene XT 12lb Line.

I got this footage of the hailstorm and posted it on my Youtube Fishing Channel:

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeqUwdSKPlA"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Bytebullfishing[/url]
[signature]
I deal with flooding every other month of the year minimum, and it is quite an anoyance, and it dose take toll on one's sperit.

Thanks for the first hand reports.

I may be wrong, but I think theise levies may be complicating the flooding problems, I beleive that if the waters were alowed to spread naturaly the way it was intended the duration would be far less.

I see some places are opening the levies in the byue areas and the army corp is telling every one to evacuate. the water is comeing reguardless.

My prayrs are with ya.