Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba??? / Echo???
Anyone do any good at Yuba over the weekend???? Where do the big ones hide? We are going to plan a trip soon..
Also Echo water levels low did anyone launch this weekend??? Echo has some huge browns when the water is high.. Here is a pic of a wall mounter a few years ago. I think this year will be a good one.....
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard. Nice fishy pic.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There haven't been many reports coming from Yuba. Overall fishing has been down and so have the water levels. I sent an email to Jeff Rasmussen, former manager of the state park there. Seems like he has just been transferred up to the Salt Lake office. Congratulations or commiserations Jeff.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]He did send this reply to my inquiry.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
Yuba now sits at 88% full which is just under three feet from spilling over. I will be very surprised if Yuba does not fill this year. They are currently letting the water out as fast as it is going in but with the warmer temperatures forecast for this week I am sure it will start rising again.

The water temperature is hovering around 55 degrees. Fishing pressure has been very light. I know of one guy that caught four walleye about a week ago but thats about it. Water clarity is very poor on the south end and about average for Yuba on the north and west ends. I have not been around much lately as I recently got transferred to our main office in Salt Lake. My last day at Yuba was this past Saturday so unfortunately, I will not be able to keep close tabs on Yuba anymore.

Good luck if you go down. I think once it warms up Yuba should really turn on with walleye fishing in early June.

Jeff
[signature]