Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome, or just a gimmick
Seen a lot of commercials for gear that I have to laugh at some like this one:

http://www.rockybrooksinkers.com/

Sorry, just not getting that one.

But saw the add for this one today. I don't use Treble, but I realize a lot of lures have them. Okay, so does anyone see this a AWESOME or just another Gimmick

http://basstarbaits.com/spintech/
[signature]
Gimmick. The fish should be looking at the lure or the bait, not the sinker at the bottom that supposed to look like a rock. Also, why would the hook need to twist when the fishing line can already twist?
[signature]
my thoughts exactly!!!! the limestone is a neat idea but honestly[laugh] haha!!! and there is always a swivel long proven and lasting since forever!!![sly]
[signature]
I don't know, it seems like a good idea to me. With some states banning lead there has to be an alternative to steel (too big) or tungsten (too expensive). I haven't really seen anything innovative lately as far as terminal tackle so at least people are trying. My hat's off to the guy who thought this up.
I fish a lot of crankbaits, I've lost fish when they start thrashing around. Perhaps if the hook can spin freely it would not pop out, maybe? I don't lose enough fish for me to consider buying them right away but I would buy a pack to test if I saw it on a store shelf. 'new crap' is what keeps our sporting goods stores in business lol.
[signature]
Those rock sinkers have been around for a while now. There are other lead free alternatives, but it's not a BAD idea??
The spinning treble hooks seem like a pretty good idea to me. Would try them, but still pinch down the barbs...
[signature]
[laugh] LMAO!!!

Gimmick! and I can just hear the thoughts of a fish if a fisher person dont us those sinkers. "Oh heck, Thats a sinker so it must be attached to a fishing line and hook! I better avoid it!".

Its simple, fish are not rock scientist. They eat,crap and create baby fish, thats all they do..

I've had has many Mack hit my down rigger weights while trolling as the lure drug behind the rigger weight.
We merely brake up the fishies daily boredom by pounding a hook through their jaw now and then. I dont at all believe in " hook wise", or " hook weary". If they are so hook weary any fish in general wouldnt be able to be hooked and re-hooked time and time again. The Mack at FG is a great example..
[signature]
I think that the point may be missed on those sinkers.

From what I gather they are there not to attract the fish but to make the lure move more sporadic.

I have found trolling for Rainbows with things such as Rooster Tails or Meps that if I pull the pole in more of a sporadic action while being trolled and not let it just spin while being trolled. I land more fish than the other guys do when trolling with me using the same lure.

Creates more of a reaction bite.
[signature]