Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchi I-12 won't hold shells!
Hey guys, bought my I-12 a couple years ago and LOVE it, it fits me perfectly, only ever jammed when I use a certain brand of shells and has put up with the rigors of the marsh like I hoped it would. I hunt nearly every weekend through the season and this has really been a great gun for me, probably had close to 3000 shells through it now.
The only problem is that the little catch that holds shells in the magazine tube doesn't catch enough, and if I'm not very careful and put the shell in holding it to one side, it won't hold and ejects it. Sometimes it shoots a shell out the bottom when I fire too.
I think if I could adjust it to where the release sits 1/16 more in it would solve the problem but I've no idea how to do that. Any ideas?
[signature]
I wouldn't bend it at all. I would take it to Impact (Ogden location) or Barlow's or wherever you bought it to have them send it back or repair if they think it can be done. Steve Barlow is a very good gunsmith and Terry is no slouch at Impact. If you've shot that many rounds through it it may be just very dirty under there. Sounds silly but dirt is the primary cause of most firearms malfunctions.
[signature]