Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ODC 420L Setup In Progress
So It's been a little while that i've been trying to setup this thing up. Finally got it to the stage where I could prob post some pics and possibly get some feed back before it's all said and done. Took a few different ideas from everyone on here and put em to good use. I decided to go with 1 1/4" SC40 piping for the rod holders just for some extra strength and I have some rods with big foam handles that don't quite fit in the 1" SC20 so. The transducer will be held on by a pin that's sitting on the ground yet. fully detachable so you just swing it up, slide it off the rest, back down 90 Degrees and reinsert the pin so it's locked and not moving in the water. Haven't been able to work on the wiring yet for that, but I do know all the wiring will be "hidden" inside the piping, transducer & power. The battery box I picked up from Sportsmans the other day. It's just a Survival Dry box. I'm going to build a detachable Platform so to speak, held together by the same pins shown so I can remove the whole setup if need be. That will be at the nose (front) of the tube, that the box will sit right on top of. Not exactly sure how I'm going to do it but. I don't like the idea of the battery just "floating" in the nose of the tube. Looking for some suggestions on that part. The FishFinder mount was kind of interesting to build. Went through a few ideas, and it just evolved into what you see. Took a plastic cutting board from Wal-mart, cut it into a 4x4 square, drilled a whole through the middle to run wiring through the piping, attach a 3/4 to 1 1/4 bushing, then inserted a 1" plug that fit inside the bushing, glued it all together and BAM! Well kinda, the PVC glue didn't quite hold the fitting on the cutting board so. I removed all the glue, roughed it up even more for something to grab/melt more, and added some angle for extra support. Which will be wrapped with some electrical tape when I'm all done. That's about all I got right now! Enjoy!

[Image: TubePics01.jpg][Image: TubePics02.jpg][Image: TubePics03.jpg][Image: TubePics04.jpg][Image: TubePics05.jpg][Image: TubePics06.jpg][Image: TubePics07.jpg][Image: TubePics08.jpg][Image: TubePics09.jpg][Image: TubePics10.jpg][Image: TubePics11.jpg][Image: TubePics12.jpg][Image: TubePics13.jpg][Image: TubePics14.jpg][Image: TubePics15.jpg][Image: TubePics16.jpg][Image: TubePics17.jpg][Image: TubePics18.jpg][Image: TubePics19.jpg][Image: TubePics20.jpg][Image: TubePics21.jpg][Image: TubePics22.jpg][Image: TubePics23.jpg]
[Image: TubePics24.jpg]
[signature]
Nice setup you have there. Have you been to our[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=66"] Float tubing boards[/url]? If you haven't talked to TubeDude already, I'm sure he can be of help with your project. Good luck, looks like fun.
WH2
[signature]
Lookin good! When all is said and done, you should spray the pvc dark green. Will look supa sexay on your ride!
[signature]
Thanks! Definitely been a fun project. First ones are always interesting. I'll have to see about painting PVC, I know you can but... Doesn't take much for it to start looking like crap.

Annnnddddd...... I think I'm pretty much done. Other then the accessory holders, which I'm still Undecided what I want to go in em so.

My rig for making a straight cut for the rod holders! Worked extremely well! Gotta love chop saws Smile

[Image: TubePics25.jpg]
[Image: TubePics26.jpg]

This is what I was meaning with the "platform" aka cutting board, man I love those things, which is all fully detachable if needed. Running power wire is kind of a bugger so, not sure exactly how much I'll be taking it apart. But it can be if it needs to be or to remove the fishfinder when ice fishing comes around.

[Image: TubePics27.jpg]

The rest is just some olds and ends I took finishing her up and then the final product of course! The whole setup, with me, minus poles, fins, and a cooler of some sort weighs 217lbs dry. Prob weigh around 240 loaded up on the water I'd guess so. Not to shaby! It's definitely time to get this baby out on the water! Thankfully, we're hitting East Canyon this weekend with the family camping! I'll bring back another report of how she performs and hopefully not say I'm taking it all apart and changing everything. Smile

[Image: TubePics28.jpg]
[Image: TubePics30.jpg]
[Image: TubePics31.jpg]
[Image: TubePics32.jpg]
[Image: TubePics33.jpg]
[Image: TubePics34.jpg]
[Image: TubePics35.jpg]
[Image: TubePics36.jpg]
[Image: TubePics37.jpg]
[Image: TubePics38.jpg]
[Image: TubePics39.jpg]
[Image: TubePics40.jpg]