Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta's
I am thinking of braving the here and there storms and heading to the Uinta's.

Remember, I have a 9' float tube and I am not in the mood for miles of hike ins....Not because of the weight, the boat only weighs 28 lbs, but again, the 9'.

Where would you go? Trial, Washington, Crystal, Mirror, any in between?
[signature]
Me I would goto Mirror, but since I am adventurous and want to see new areas I would grab my map and see what I could drive to off teh beaten path that I have never been to beore. ie: Alexander, one of the lakes off of Murdock Basin, etc...
[signature]
Alexander is cool, some nice Brookies at one time. I guess I just don't get the driving long distances to catch the same fish....but, my husband will drive completely around a lake to find the right spot...LOL
The fish are everywhere.

I would rather have my line in the water for an hour instead of driving for an hour, but the Uinta's...well the beauty is there to make it worth it.....maybe....LOL
[signature]
Yes lots of lakes to choose from and lots of area as well. North Slope, South Slope, and everything inbetween. Here is an idea, if you are up to it goto Pole Creek Lake on the South Slope. It is north of Roosevelt. And yes you can drive to it, there is even a campground there.[Smile] Also several other lakes there to try out too.
[Image: 74421.jpg]
[signature]
NICE!!!! Thanks Albino.
[signature]
Another choice would be Spirit Lake, and yes there is a campground there too. This is on the north slope. Both pole creek and spirit do not have running water so you will need to take your own.
I have hiked to Tamarack and Jessen, they have brookies in them. These two lakes are an easy day hike too. To the east is Dagget Lake and it has grayling but can be a nasty hike at the start .
[Image: 20993.jpg]
[signature]
I will remember these, but I am thinking just a day trip this weekend.
[signature]
Ok if you go up mirror lake highway and take the norway flat road you will get to little elk lake.

[Image: 61258.jpg]
[signature]
There is also Smith Morehouse too!
[signature]
I always liked going up to Whitney Res. but that's just me.
[signature]
That would be a great spot too. For those who are a little more adventurous and wouldn't mind a 4 hour drive to Boulder mountain there is also Lower Bowns Reservoir and campground.

[Image: 34567.jpg]
[signature]
Chapeta's a great place for the 'more adventurous' (south slope - Uintas).
[signature]