Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAV Camping
We plan on spending the weekend for DAV event. Anyone want to "Hook-Up" and hang together? We plan on prefishing the area on Friday morning.
From my understanding, the Vets are being supplied with rods and reels but do the boat owners usually supply the tackle?
What type fishing are all the other boat ownwers going to try? I usually troll/downrig but have limited gear and not very up on the jigging so any help would be appreciated to help our friends get into some good fish catching...
[signature]
Reposted from Kokanee Fishing Forum

[Image: icon1.gif] Strawberry Report August 2011

I met up with Justin and Mike around seven this morning and headed to strawberry. We started out on the Solider creek side near the mouth of the Narrows and picked up three rainbows, two cutthroats, and a kokanee in about an hour and a half. Then, we went to the Strawberry side again at the mouth of the Narrows and picked up one rainbow, ten cutthroats, and two more kokanee. So total we landed 4 rainbows, 12 cutthroats, and three kokanee. We started off running half RMT lures and half Christenson's Lake Shore Tackle lures, and we only picked up one fish a good rainbow using a RMT UV Squid the rest was caught on green with silver blades, and pink with crystal blades dakota spinners. Favorite Dodger was a hammered Nickel small standard dodger.
[signature]
I'll be in loop A Thurs. thru Sat.with about 5 other BFT'RS. I participated in the last one 2 years ago and I furnished all the gear for my guest DAV. Made it alot easier, didn't take long to teach the Lady who went out with me and she had never fished a day in her life, she had a blast and took a couple nice rainbow home with her. She wasn't dressed very warm and it was a cold morning so I let her use some of my rain gear to keep the wind off her. Always a cold one to drink in the PACKFAN camp.[fishin]
[signature]
I should be there friday morning i mostly jig and i have a few spots i can always get into them. Also when i do troll theres afew lure i use to catch rainbows. Mostly orange color lures will work for rainbows for me. Hope to see ya there friday i will be in a tan colored crestliner with my son if i go. Good luck to you .
[signature]
[quote ReelMasta]What type fishing are all the other boat ownwers going to try?[/quote]

i do not know how to troll or spin fish effectivly. i erased that part of my life. i was personally thinking wind drifting jigs with my vet while i fly fish
[signature]
I will be jigging. I personally think it is the easiest way to get people on fish. and stay on fish. Once they smell the chub meat in the water they come in from a long ways out especially if there are fish already there smashing your jigs and spreading the smell. Here is a map of where we killed the rainbows last year and will be the first spot I hit in the morning.
[inline "Rainbow Bay.JPG"]
[signature]
speaking of jigging. the wife has a few boxes of tube jigs i planned on brining. where can one aquire a few strips of chub?
[signature]
Hey Zak, I'll bring some chubs over Sat morning, they aren't this year fresh but I think they will do.
[signature]
are you camping on the strawberry bay area or in the soldier creek camp grounds
would love to stop by friday evening to say hi

please let me know
[signature]
They will be on the Soldier creek side, loop A. If you have a hard time finding them ask the camp ground host, I'm sure they will help. Packfan is up there already, so it is doubtful he will reply to your post.
[signature]
thanks alot will see you up there
[signature]
I am hoping to roll in tommorrow night and get a camp spot. Myself and Ninjaset will be there if spots allow. Hope to meet you all and the party will start early I hope.
[signature]