Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber blah
Have not fished the Weber for 4 months. Was dying to get up there and do some fly fishing. First stopped down by Peterson. Water was somewhat clear, but still higher than I had been hoping for. The weeds are ridiculous! They are 3-5 feet high, dang. Landed a handful then decided to head up between Echo and Rockport. Similar story there, water is higher than what I am used to, and a somewhat clear. Landed few browns, nice cutthroat, and the usual handful of whitefish. This year has been so weird. Hoping water flows will somewhat "normalize" before winter. But seeing how full the reservoirs are, I don't know if that will happen. Anyone else been fishing the Weber lately? Tight lines.
[signature]
yes
[signature]
Going to hit on Friday, I was up there last Sunday and had a ball I found a bunch of new spots or spots I usually walked past. Give it a few weeks and fishing should bemuch better. Even found a spot that had a Urban bonefish in it [Wink][Wink][pirate]
[signature]
Kochanut, you been doing well on the Weber? I have read many of your posts over the years and it sounds like you have the river figured out.
[signature]
Haha...I like the title urban bonefish, thats great. What area do you like to fish. I like to fish many of the access points between the reservoirs.
[signature]
i have been doing ok. still, like everyone else, waiting for the water to come down a little. when i started this past weekend above rockport i noticed the average sized bows i caught were STUFFED with bugs (i kept 1) and all fat. the middle section of the weber has been doing best for me at least. the browns we have been pulling out of there have been well fed during this high water, and the few whitties i have caught seem to be bigger then in years past. we havent caught any of the tanks the weber is known for yet but as soon as there is a little more clarity we will start getting there. a few of the spots i frequesnt near morgan have changed all together because of the water. one of my favorite sand bars i fish is now over 8 feet deep which is going to make fishing this fall interesting. i was swinging a san juan rig near taggarts this past weekend in the stained water and caught quiet a few browns, but no whitties. just need to get the flies down.
[signature]
Thanks Kochanut. I haven't fished the Weber above Rockport for a long time. Is there much access? I keep telling myself I need to try and meet people up in that area and ask permission to fish the river through their property. Damn Utah river laws.[frown]
[signature]
there is some access above rockport. if you pay real close attention to some of the no trespassing signs some of them have names on them. look for mailboxes and knock on doors. 6 out of 10 times after asking i was allowed to fish sections of the upper weber. same goes for the middle weber. you can tell who owns sections of the river there by looking at some of the signs, then look for mailboxes again.
[signature]
We've been hitting the weber a little bit, lots of healthy browns and cuts. Also got a very large urban bonefish. We caught one tank brown last week but did'nt end up getting the picture to come out.
[signature]
That's a beautiful fish....and the brown isn't bad either. Haha...just kiddin the brown is nice and the urban bonefish is well..an urban bonefish.
[signature]
nice fish my friend,catching alot of those myself.By the way my grandpa called,he likes your waders! LMAO[:p]
[signature]
here is monday dude, i like fishing during the week cause it thins the crowds down

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fly_Fishing_F140/gforum.cgi?post=683665;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Fly_Fishing_F140/gforum.cgi?post=683665;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]