Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some bear river cattin...
The bear has been very hit and miss... couple 10s alot of 8s and a few 10+lbs ....some nights its on, others are dead! !! Very inconsistent bite with no pattern at all ... heres a few tanks! ! Enjoy! !!
[Image: attachment-4.jpg]
[Image: attachment-5.jpg]
[Image: attachment-1-2.jpg]
[Image: attachment-3.jpg]
[Image: attachment-2.jpg]
[Image: attachment-1.jpg]
[signature]
Some nice looking cats. One of these days I will catch my first 10 pounder. How late at night do you fish, and do you quit then because you are tired or does the bite slow at a certain time of night?
[signature]
Usually fish until 2 am ... the consistent bite is 11-1 .. but some of my biggest ones have come on the nights when we tough it out .. 3-4 am I have caught some biggins but the bite is alot slower.
[signature]
Those are some dandies! Way to go Catman!
[signature]
Damn nice cats there Mr! Those suckers are big as sh---- (oops shouldn't say that) big as pooh!

I've usually found the bite picks up as the sun goes down, but for me - it's the mosquito bites! [shocked]
I guess this is why you talk about sleeping when hell freezes over (and then you ice-fish!).

Gotta get out there withya one of these times!
Do you stoke up a fire on the shore? Seen folks do that up here on upper parts of the bear. Just never know what "the man" thought of that. Guess it depends on where you are
No fires in the refuge ... lotsa poeple do but its not legit.
[signature]
good job on the cats whats up with the river,one day its way up and the next its down.then back up you have any idea why?
[signature]
tides. it's all about the moon man! [:p] <gr>

figured the refuge was more 'protected' - hence the name. But I've seen lots of bank fires and fire pits up around Benson church. But wouldn't be surprised if it gives the lawkeepers reason to come 'check it out'.
Plus - there's just a dang lot of dry grass out those ways, and a good wind - whew - like Cheech and Chong - Up-n-Smoke!

are there laws against drinking while cattin in Utah? lol.
Isn't there so much cotton pickin' private property that if you set sail you get bullets shot at ya? Or is there enough "public river" to go a boatin' in?

Also I heard a rumor about the Bear River Monster......
[signature]
Nice Cats. When did noodling become legal in Utah [laugh]? With the blood on your arm in the first 2 pics that's what it looks like. Just kidding[#FF4040] [/#FF4040][#FF4040]enough -- Kent[/#FF4040].
[signature]
Ken, I think you're getting cared away! Here's a link to the defination of libeling http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/libeling if you don't understand it. "that Tiger trout he got a ticket for poaching. " is libel if he's just passing along unsubstantiated and false information. Doubt catman will take him to court over his actions but he would probable have a open and shut case. If he has any current plans to be a guide in the future that he can document it could easily be a 5 figure award. Not picking on anyone just distinguishing that I'm not actually accusing anyone of criminal behavior ie. noodling in Utah. Libel itself is a civil not a criminal offense. Funny that you leave up something that is actually grounds for seeking civil damages but when I state what our court system terms this action you delete it. Feel free to delete any of this you like but please go ahead and close my account at the same time.
[signature]
Awesome pics! Thanks for posting. Looks like loads of fun, but I have fun every time I go fishing.
[signature]