Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow blade won't spin
Hi, I bought some tackle craft items and I admit, I didn't know enough and I failed on some sizes. The biggest fail was the body size/weight, and the blade size. I bought #3 willow, (to small right?) and .20oz bodies (to big) #3 clevises, .040 wire. and some 3/16" hollow brass beads. I bought the hooks in town, don't know what size. I cut a piece off of a body to make it smaller and lighter. When I put it all together, My blade won't spin, I later made part of the body thinner with a grinder, but it didn't work. Today I went and tried it out in a small pond we have, and it didn't work (last night we were trying it in a tub ). What is the problem? Sizes? Is the clevis too big for the blade (I had to pinch the part where the wire goes through to get it through the blade, obviously it wasn't made for that blade,but it still spins fine when you turn it by hand), but would that affect the spin? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Claudio P.S. I made an in-line spinner. If you need a picture to tell what the problem is, I can post one.
[signature]
Ok, I got an answer to the problem now, I'll see if I can solve it now that I know what it is. Thanks. Claudio
[signature]