Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wader advice?
I am interested in purchasing my first pair of lightwieght breathable waders. I have been looking at a few different brands, but was wondering what peoples experiance has been with the dan baileys yellowstone guides, as well as the simms g3 guides. I don't mind paying more for something that will last for several years. Thanks for the help.
[signature]
Can't go wrong with the Simms, but they are excessive price. They do make other great waders.
[signature]
i rock the G3 guide pants, and the G3 special edition fill waders. worth every single penny. if your on a little tighter budget and still looking for quality i personally would suggest two lines of thought. the Cabelas guide series ( i have a pair of those i lend out for folks that want to fish with me) and Reddington's sonic seams waders seem tough as nails the time i tried them on
[signature]
I' m on my 6th pair of breathables. I will not pay the money for Sims again. I'm VERY hard on gear. For the money I would stick to cabelas or the Mack's knock off brands. I've gotten 2 & a half years of wear on my cabelas for a third the price. The Sims lasted longer, but did not fit better. I think the cabelas is called Northern Flight? Any ways if it was just a money thing I would say the same thing but the size thing was an issue as well. I duck hunt and fish with my waders.
[signature]
+1
If you're hard on your waders don't invest in simms or other premium waders. They'll last marginally longer if your lucky.
[signature]
I got to echo what Jmaze & Riverdog said, I got a pair of Simms g3 but never use them Im going on my 4th year with my Cabelas Dry Plus, Prior to that my Blue Stream lasted 3 years both were purchased for under 100 bucks.
[signature]
I've got a pair of cabelas gold medal waist highs that are going on five years and I guarantee i've been harder on these than any of you, they've been my duck hunting waders as well as for fishing. That seven ply has held up to everything I've thrown at it an not a leak yet. Good stuff!
[signature]