Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windy day on Arrowrock..But FUN!
Hit Arrowrock yesterday to chase some trout and kokes...did well considering wind gusts were up around 20 mph...only found one koke, and 5 trout...however did manage this gorgeous bad boy, radio tag and all! Whoot Whoot! Scratch Bull Trout off my must get one fish list just in time for Christmas!
[signature]
And of course he went back into the lake immediately...lol
[signature]
That is a beauty. Nice catch!
[signature]
nice fish. those are hard to come by. was there a reward tag as well. got a few of those rewards on some smallies. how was the road past the dam and how many squaws did you get?
[signature]
The roads are totally clear and they even dragged the dirt road smooth so its really nice...and the lake is almost totally full...the fish are very spread out and its hard to find schoolers...so no getting a limit these days at least on kokes but the ones you do get are nice sized and very energetic....most fish are marking in the 40 to 50 foot range and the water temp is 37 on top...but they are adding water about 6 inches a day so I cant see it freezing anytime soon...the Bull trout was awesome but honestly I didnt want to keep him out of water any longer than I had to so hooks out pics and back in the drink. I didnt see any reward tags just radio tags and he had an antenna inserted in his belly and the incision was stapled closed...kinda creepy. Im just a wee bit paranoid of F&G these days so when it comes to something like that I dont mess around. I pretty much fish Arrowrock 4-5 times a month and have all year and of the hundreds of fish Ive landed thats the first one that had a tag of any kind. Id love to get a reward fish, that would be fun!
[signature]
I forgot the other question...no sqaws at all...not one...they seem to be on the bottom right now because in previous trips I fished the bottom due to all the fish I was marking down there and all i ever got were squaws..Here is a pic of my best smallie of the year on Arrowrock...it was a beast and I nailed him on topwater too!

Note that I wear a size 12 shoe so yeah...he was a beast!
[signature]
That's one species of fish I would like to add to my catch, and in this case, release list.

DeeCee
[signature]
Hurah for jumbo smallies!!!!!

DeeCee
[signature]