Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best catch of 2011?
I saw this on idahos forum and thought it would be fun to do on this forum so what is everyones best catches of 2011 with pics? Mine would have to be my 15# catfish on the jordan not to great I know but my best catfish so far[Smile]
[signature]
My best catch(es) are in my picture. Caught off the Channel Islands in between Anacapa and Santa Cruz. A Lingcod and Sheepshead.
[signature]
That's way bigger than any catfish I've ever caught. Very cool.

Since you didn't say to narrow it down to one like on the Idaho page, I'm going to post my bests of a few different species. Most were caught in Idaho, but the largemouth was south of the border.[inline "big bass 2 small.JPG"][inline "goodbye big fellow small.JPG"][inline "big smallie small.JPG"]

[inline "giant perch 2 small.JPG"]
[signature]
Those are all great fish thanks for sharing
[signature]
[quote Catcherman.]I saw this on idahos forum and thought it would be fun to do on this forum so what is everyones best catches of 2011 with pics? Mine would have to be my 15# catfish on the jordan not to great I know but my best catfish so far[Smile][/quote]

Two that were pretty impressive, for me anyway. A 22+ inch walleye, out of Willard, from shore, which was also my first walleye ever and made me super happy.

And a perch out of Starvation that was within less than an inch of the state record.

I don't have a pic of the perch--I thought "oh there are zillions of perch in here, why snap a photo" [blush]

But I did get a pic of the 'eye.
[signature]
Nice pics everyone! I would say mine would be a 13# cat, and to see my wife really excited to catch her 11 pounder.
Sounds like I need to get together with you catcherman for some spring time cat n'
[signature]
[Image: sleepy.gif]no pics but the 2 best would have to be the 21 in walleye i caught in the jorden win i was fishing for white bass(first walleye ever) and the 15in small mouth caught at rockport on my fly rod (first non trout species on a fly rod) best part about the bass is i was still on the clock the boss told me sins we got the job don early i was getting paid to go fishing that was a great day
[signature]

Here's a pic of the tiger I caught on top water early this spring.
[signature]
Have two memorables from 2011...

Have to say using a homemade lure given to us by a dear angling friend and working, working, working it to catch my personal bestfirst photo.

Second would be employing them 3Ps and really being persistent and teaching myself a new technique and boating another impressive beast second photo.

Finally and the tops is having a great fish'n partner that was on the net for these...a couple of the many 2011 season memories standouts.
[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
2011 was a pretty good year for me in terms of fish size. I bested my personal tiger trout record twice, my biggest rainbow, my biggest brookie, my biggest walleye, and my biggest (and only) golden trout.

I posted a "year in review" on my blog (Utah Water Log *google that*) and it's full of pics, but here are a few of the best fish:

The 26" walleye:

[Image: IMGP6076-1.jpg]

[Image: IMGP6645-1.jpg]

The 22" rainbow (although it doesn't look like it in the pic, it really was):

[Image: IMGP2587-1.jpg]

The golden:

[Image: IMGP4394-1.jpg]

The big brookie:

[Image: IMGP4173-2.jpg]

The first personal best tiger at 25":

[Image: IMGP3335-2.jpg]

And finally, the biggest tiger I've been able to land:

[Image: IMGP5706.jpg]

I once had one on for 4-5 minutes from the tube and it dwarfed that last one by quite a bit. Keeps me going back...and having cold-sweat nightmares, reliving the moment my hook pulled free.
[signature]
[fishin]
Wow 2kmuskie those are freaking amazing Muskie! NICE!
[signature]
Just some different species that were fun
[Image: 100_0026.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1597-1.jpg]

[Image: IMGP3485400-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1787-2.jpg]
[signature]
2011 was a great year for fishing. Unreal conditions at Willard made for one of the most interesting Wiper years. Lots of Bait and lots of top water action! This was the last year we can take 6 Wiper in one one day. Probabley a good thing. My son inlaw Joe helped.
The Brown was caught on Hyrum. A personal best for me. Still swimming today (I hope)
The LMB was at Mantua. Best in Utah for me.Released
Very fun year! Hope to have onother like it this year!
[signature]
Quote:And a perch out of Starvation that was within less than an inch of the state record.

Well you got mine beat, mine was only 14".
[signature]
These are some of my best catches of 2011

Brown Trout from Sandy Pond
[Image: 757954.JPG]

Cutthroat Trout from Lower Bells Res.
[Image: 756319.JPG]

Tiger Muskie from Newton
[Image: 750797.JPG]

Lake Trout from Bear Lake at 5.5 pounds
[Image: 747309.JPG]

My Cutler bluegill that was 1 inch off the C&R record
[Image: 740371.JPG]

My Willard Bay Greensunfish that was 2 inches off the C&R record
[Image: 736541.JPG]

LMB at Mantua
[Image: 729703.JPG]

Tiger Trout from Currant Creek Res.
[Image: 728682.JPG]
[Image: 721984.JPG]

Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout from Smith and Morehouse
[Image: 724149.JPG]

My Carp from Utah Lake at 2.5 pounds
[Image: 718257.JPG]
[signature]
Even though I got a 39 inch Tiger Musky the best catches for the 2011 year were the ones with special meanings.

After getting skunked all day at Bear Lake I convinced TyeDye to pull over at Mantua so we could throw some casts. Got a 16.5 inch Largemouth Bass and 7 Rainbows. Well worth stopping by for an hour to shake off the skunk.
[Image: 750806.JPG]

We drove over 100 miles to the Starvation river in hopes of getting a big brown trout. Just before dark I hooked this 20.5 inch Brown. In the river's current it fought like HELL! One of the best fish of the season for me.
[Image: 763801.JPG]
[Image: 763802.JPG]

Going up to Red Pine Lake for some high alpine ice fishing was the adventure of the 2011 season. Over 2500 vertical feet and 3.5 miles one way....it was beyond awesome.....and we caught some fish too.
[Image: 765965.JPG]
[Image: 765966.JPG]
[signature]
[quote gstott]Well you got mine beat, mine was only 14".[/quote]

Just barely [Smile] Mine was 14 1/4, so compared to the angling record 15 1/8") less than an inch, the catch and release record (15 1/4") exactly an inch.

Was yours out of Starvation also?
[signature]
No, I caught mine in a little reservoir up in Idaho. Looks like Idaho doesn't have a catch and release record, and I missed it by a full 1.5". I did let the fish go though, so who knows, maybe in a year or two I'll run into her again [Smile]
[signature]
[quote gstott]No, I caught mine in a little reservoir up in Idaho. Looks like Idaho doesn't have a catch and release record, and I missed it by a full 1.5". I did let the fish go though, so who knows, maybe in a year or two I'll run into her again [Smile][/quote]

Sure hope so, and meanwhile I hope she spawns a gazillion little super-growing perchlets [Wink]
[signature]
How do I post photos inline?
[signature]