Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labman, Chick, Bass/Stripers, 2/5/2012, Solo
Put in at CFP about 11:15 and headed out to see what wanted to play. Saw some gulls diving and headed over to them. Was marking a lot of bait and some good fish under them. About the third cast had a good hit on a bucktail and managed to land a 9.5# Striper. emoDance Nice way to start the day.<br />Saw a large Striper break right beside the boat, flipped a bucktail right in on her, but no hits. Was a really big fish. Moved around a little following the gulls and continuing to mark a lot of fish. Finally got another hard hit and could tell it was a better fish. Had it on a casting rod with a little larger bucktail so could put a little more pressure on the fish. Got it in the net, weighed (21#&#43Wink, and took a picture. At least I thought I did emoScratch , you can see the result, so guess it is only a fish story. emoBang I was in a hurry to get back to fishing and didn't check the picture before I released the fish.<br /><br />A little later had another hookup and felt like a heavy fish, after about 15 sec. it came undone and was gone. Now the gulls had slowed down, but was still marking fish. Picked up a couple small LM and a misguided blue cat. Around 5 i got into some bass busting near shore very shallow and on top. Went awhile without catching any, and then got 2 small bass. There were some large fish in the feeding frenzy, but I could not get one on.<br /><br />Had a fun day, and landed a couple of good fish. Love to catch those Stripers, felt like I should have gotten more of them. But very satisfied with the day.<br /><br />Regards, Labman<br />