Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many lures do you own and how many do you actually USE?
Hi Just wanted a fun thread for us to discuss how much money we spend on lures for bass fishing and how many of those lures we actually have confidence in and use often.

I have probably 50+ Hard lures like topwater plugs, spinner baits, crank baits, swim baits, buzzbaits and Sputterbuzz.

And around 20 different soft plastics.

[#005050]Click images for larger high quality view.[/#005050]

Here is my Hard Plastic Bass lure fishing box. (the other side has all my bullet weights, catfishing tackle and crappie jigs, rigs, and bobbers:
[inline BassHardLures.JPG]

Out of that entire box I use a Black or White Spinner bait 80% of the time. I use the Tennessee Shad cranks and the large red/white Cotton Cordell CC Deep CB most when the spinners aren't working. The other topwaters like my buzzbaits and Sputterbuzz's get used when the conditions are good for topwater. The rest just sit there and are used on days when I can't get a strike at all on my favorites. There are lures there that I have never tied on. LOL.

My soft plastics box is below:
[inline BassHardSoft.JPG]

I use the White 4" Swim bug from (wavefishing.com) now the most. I used to use the Purple Firetail 6" worms the most before I got the wavefishing softs. Now I swear by them. I haven't been able to test the waters with my new wavefishing soft alot yet but you can be sure I will be using those alot this spring and summer.

After just two days fishing with the wavefishing lures I cleaned out this soft plastic box and put all their lures in there and retired my old softies. The only worm I kept in my new soft box is the 6" purple firetail worm because it has proven itself as a bass catcher over the years for me when nothing else works.

That's my tackle and you can see about 65% of it never gets used. There has to be over 200$ + in lures there and 5 of them are my go-to baits that I use consistently.

How about you? Post your lures here and let me know.[:p]

Mike.
[signature]
If I don't have confidence in a lure then it doesn't belong in my tackle box. You should clean out your tackle box [:p]
[signature]
I havent been fishing long enough to get a stash like that. I mainly use plastics due to the lakes i fish being so weedy its unbelieveable. The only other thing i use is jigs or the occasional rapala jerk bait.
[signature]

Quote:[If I don't have confidence in a lure then it doesn't belong in my tackle box.
You should clean out your tackle box]
Easier said than done,everytime I try this,I end up taking out something I need.I tried to get another box to cut down on stuff but failed,I did manage to put some away.P.S. For some minnow lures I don't use,I remove the lip making it strickly topwater,the lure will dive about a foot at most if you retrieve it fast with your tip down,great for the shallows,and you can pull it on the surface with your tip up ,which I like to do
[signature]
Hey Bytybull,I like to have my topwater,skitter, spook and poppers,and in most sizes for each lure,such as the small popper,and the small spook,"puppy".Rapalas including the jointed like yours,I have three sizes including the one I see in your box.I have a couple of suspenders as well.I collected lures since I was little when other kids were collecting baseball cards.I try to replace them if lost. Also I've been getting some really small lures for finess fishing,and small plastics such as those 6" worms you got there,I use 6" twirl tail or curl tail worms,not to mention the 10 powerworms. Also I like 4" lizzards,but hey,don't count out those big lures like the one you got there. Remember I caught my lunker bass on a big lure.I had a second lunker hit that same lure this time trolling without the rod in my hand[frown],I saw him as he tried to jump,but did manage to spit my lure.P.S.I'll see if I can get pics ok,my box is just as bad as yours[Image: happy.gif]as for being crowded.
[signature]
Here buddy,my nephew let me take some pics with his cellphone.My box is looking as bad as yours lol,I missed out some rapalas,and odd lures large swim baits I don't use,and big topwater lures,and some saltwater lures,but I got most everything I use to beat you with lol[:p][sly][Image: happy.gif][Image: beaten.gif]

You can see the worms to the left and some I glued together at the bottom,see the 10" power worms pumpkin seed,I used those to catch a Lunker Just the beggining of this month,my Lunker for the year,and beat your bass for this years contest.O' I'm so sorry[Image: happy.gif]P.S Really fun thread thanks for that, your friend in [#008000]FL.[/#008000] Paul Pro
[signature]
I own my own custom softbait company so I guess you can say I have a large qauntity of lures. I use any kind of plastic craws, worms, lizards and grubs that I make. Even colors that no one else has. Its pretty cool to create your own custom color bait and catch a fish on it. This is a custom blue craw I came up with to match some craws in our local rivers.[Image: 306620_312082552192280_288987767835092_7...4956_n.jpg]
[signature]
Me likes it. I checked out your website, pretty cool stuff. Can you do those craws in gr. pumpkin/copper flake? I've been looking around but can't find them with claws like the ones pictured above.
I apologize for getting off subject.
[signature]
Thank you. Yes we can mix and match any color combinations you would like. I don't want to get too far off topic and get banned for it. If you would like to talk about our stuff I would be more than glad to email at bustembaits@gmail.com
[signature]
Sweet potatoe pie and I shut my mouth.Hmm,nice,about mixing colors, ever try this color combo?

"Sweet potatoe pie" and I shut my mouth!
[signature]
I have not got into the multicolor process yet. I like those colors that you showed but I have not found an efficient process to do a mulicolor bait. Most of our customers just ask us to do a solid color bait with different color flakes that you can not find in stores.
[signature]
I like your craws ... would like brown but not dark with red.

I would buy those.
[signature]
this thread got off topic can you fix it? and move his adverts off my thread about tackle?
[signature]
You are right, it did get off topic. Would you like me to change the title of the post?
[signature]
This topic is one that I think my wife shouldn't ever see!! I have more baits than I know what to do with! She is tired of the storage space taken up just for tackle... I would say that honestly I use probably maybe 10-15% of it.
[signature]
[shocked] I can't believe you actually put that down! I use all the stuff in my boxes but have a man cave that's self admittedly a little ocd. I need to unload about 3000 plastics but those craws pictured above would look good on my jigs...Dang, its a vicious cycle
[signature]
I agree with you it is a vicious cycle. Prior to starting our business I had bags and bags full of lures and always said I would use them when i honestly have my favorite 5 baits and used them. We are like kids in a toy store, when you see that new bait you just have to get it lol.
[signature]
I normally keep my plastics in the bag they come in because i carry a backpack. I would think that some of the smell would "wear off" if it wasnt in the bag. But i may be wrong.
[signature]
Holy crap you have a lot of baits. I don't have a lot of baits as I don't bother keeping baits that never produce for me.

It's kind of funny watching all the baits people buy when I can still use baits I've had for decades to out fish my fishing buddies.

I travel light and have all my baits in one tackly bag I can carry in one hand and I'm ready for most anything that comes our way.
[signature]
quick tip...I put a couple of my 10"power worms in with my other soft plastics to give them more scent. More power to ya.,its a powefull worm,really stinky though

in reply to Edgy779 Hey buddy,
Quote:I would think that some of the smell would "wear off" if it wasnt in the bag.
But i may be wrong.
P.S. if you haven't smelled a power worm... its time you do

[#008000]edited[/#008000] for easter...Happy Easter Everyone
[signature]