Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber 4-14-12
Well, with the wife having clinical's this evening, my schedule was WIDE open! What better to do then go fishing somewhere. Weather was UGLY but that wasn't gonna stop me. I actually prefer it so all the other people will stay indoors Smile Hit the river around 3:30, started catching right off the bat. From then on I knew it was going to be a good day. Started with a red copper john and a pheasant tail dropper. Surprisingly, most all were hitting the copper john. Had a real nice fish on 30 minutes into fishing that decided to wrap himself around a submerged branch. Sneaky little fish swapped the hook over and gave it to the branch too! I was so freakin man! It was a NICE fish! Would've beat all the ones I caught by 2 to 3 inches. Oh well. I know where she's at so. I'LL BE BACK!

Catching was consistent all day long on all the usual nymph's, copper johns, pheasant tails, hare's ears. The two big browns in the picture were both caught on a Frenchie in bright red. Gonna have to tie some more of those in different colors. They seemed to like the red just fine though. The first brown took for me a ride about 200 yds down stream... 20 minutes later he/she was in the net! Making for my personal best on the fly rod thus far! Was pretty stoked! Walked back to the same hole, first cast back in, BAM!! Another fish on! Not quite as big as the other but would make for the second biggest of the day. Started getting dark. Had my rig get caught on the bottom, so decided to try on a Prince and grey scud. HELLO whitefish! Another fight was in the works that went downstream another 100 yds! Those whitefish can sure put up a fight when they're the size they are! Did the whitefish thing back to back as well for the ones in the pics. Hit on few more holes on the way back and picked up another whitefish on the Prince.

All-in-all, it was another 20+ fish day, lots of good practice. Starting to get the hang of where the fish are actually hanging out in the rivers. Can't wait to do it again that's for sure!

Again, sorry for the horrible pictures. Gotta love the camera on the cell phone. Waterproof camera is on the way though, WOOT!

*CHEERS*
Sounds like you had an awesome day! Im headed up there this morning.Hope you saved a few for me..
[signature]
They were all saved for you! And whoever else. That's why It's good to C&R Smile
[signature]
Thanks Satan. Great story and nice catching. We need to try fishing together. Those browns and whites look great, and I can show you some waters that can put a scary bend in the rod.
[signature]
I hit the weber yesterday around 11am but I got another day of skunking. I dont know what im doing wrong up thier, I cant seem to land anything [Sad] I was using a copper john in red also and nothing, threw some streamers, and a few other things but not a single bite. Oh well just have to keep on trying glad someone got into some fish though!
[signature]