Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber Power Plant
Took a drive to try the weber just above the power plant late afternoon yesterday (5-17) got there at around 5:40. I used a 14 price nymph psycho and a 16 rainbow warrior. Picked up three rainbow, two browns, and one cutthroat with in the first 40 minutes or so. Will try again today
[signature]
Wow nice job and welcome to the fourm, Thats a pretty good trip if you asked me, I have yet to catch a rainbow on the weber!
[signature]
rainbow warriors are awesome on the weeb, i always use 2 bugs and thats always my trailer bug. no whitefish?
[signature]
Was always wanting to hit this but pushed away not knowing if it was private or if my vehicle would get towed. Is it okay to fish here and not get tickets? Do you park at the rest stop and walk clear down, or park in that emergency pull off?
[signature]
How were the flows? Hight, low, average?
[signature]
most of the time i park at the rest stop and just hike down, then cross the frwy and back down. some times i park off the road. as for fishing in a private area i'm just above the power plant about 200+ yards
[signature]
Rainbow warriors have since become my go to fly on the weber... works great as a trailer for a double nymph rig. It slays fish in spring creek as well... You know its a good day when you have to chuck a fly because its all rangled from so many fish!
[signature]