Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 20 May 2012
After our turkey season ended with both of us filling our tags last weekend, we decided to give the Bay a try for the walleye this morning. Didn't get on the water too early as we attended the Blaze game last night. We had our lines in the water at a little after 9 AM. Had to do a little searching but we finally found a few that wanted our bottom bouncers. We ended up boating 8 walleye and lost one with several missed hits. They wanted it dead slow today but were very aggresive when they decided to hit. They ranged in size from 16 1/2 in. to a tad over 21 in. We pulled stakes about 2 PM. and headed in, water temp was 65 when we left. It was nice fishing an area with no other fisherman. The island out from the S. Marina seemed to have a bunch of boats fishing it from the time we arrived until we left. Starvation is next on the list starting this Weds. for a week.[fishin]
[signature]
Glad to see you dusted the boat off and got into some fish. That island always seems to be crowded whether or not it holds fish. There some solid fish in there this year, it should be fun. I am predicting some more 40+ walleye days this year... [fishon]
[signature]
Nice job Pete! Me & Hopkins were some of the crazy people out on the island. Should have given u a call & got some of that Wisconsin hospitality that ur know for! Haha Good luck at Starvation!
[signature]
I was on that Island today. Didn't want to crowd in but after a slow day and more and more boats joined I had to see what was up. Anyways me and my two boys landed eight eyes in two hours. Ended up being a great day after all.
[signature]
You know me, I don't like crowds[:p] I'm sure you guys did well.
[signature]
Nice job Pete as allways. We are heading over to Glendo on thur. dropping the 5th wheel and then driving over to Black Hawk marine in S. Dakota to pick up the Ranger. Been without the boat for allmost a month[mad] Been missing out on some prime fishing here on Boysen.

By the way I still have that cold beer in the fridge and a pot of coffee on and an open invite my friend.
[signature]
You wouldn't have liked the crowd on the island, counted 12 boats at 1 time during the day! Had a fun day though couldn't have ask for better weather!
[signature]
I appreciate that Rog, Brenda and I need to get up that way and spend a few days at Boysen. Driving by it every year on our way deer hunting, I've sure wanted to wet a line. We enjoy seeing the Big Horn sheep when we drive down the canyon. We are hoping to have a good trip to Starvation, looks like the weather prediction for the Memorial Day holiday is like most Memorial holidays with chances of showers and thunderstorms starting this week thru the weekend. I don't mind fishing in the rain as long as the wind isn't too bad. Have a great Holiday and tight lines Bud.[fishin]
[signature]
I'm sure Starvation will be the same (crowded) for a couple days over the weekend. The weather was great yesterday, looks like it's fixen to change in a day or two. Good luck to you and the OL'MAN this weekend. I would imagine you will be on the Bay over the holiday.[fishin]
[signature]
I too was one of the crowd on the island. I just picked up an older bass boat, (i was in the blue champion with too many people) and now I am trying to figure out how to fish out of it. My old alum boat I would just troll around, but this bass boat isn't set up for trolling, so we tried creeping along casting. Needless to say, the fish don't like that plan. So far I am 0-2 on boat trips this year.
[signature]
Was wondering were you have been. I was out Sat & Sun.
Saw the big boat gathering at the island both days. We managed 5 sat, and i picked up 3 myself sunday.
I was using crank baits far away from the crowd. Hope Starvation is kind to you.
[signature]