Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Trip 05-27 Thru 06-2
We arrived at Lake Powell Sunday May 27th, just after a massive storm came through. We were lucky to arrive to calm weather. We then made the trip on the houseboat to Slick Rock Canyon with our boats in tow. After setting up camp and getting things settled we Immediately started catching fish.

We caught largies and smallies all week long, averaging 30 to 50 fish a day. We used Senkos in watermelon and pumpkin, also used Gary Yamamoto double curly tails and tubes in watermelon. We fished Submerged boulders and rubble rock, as well as submerged brush.

We did manage a few walleye and large blue gill. Stripers were not to be found in the area we fished. But thats ok the Bass fishing was epic and I have a feeling that I will be dissapointed with my other fishing holes after this week. I included a couple pics....one tip for lake powell: Bring alot of senkos !!!
[signature]
thanks for the pics. Looks like a lot of fun!
[signature]
Whoever's holding the fish in Largie2.jpg looks like he's being forced to be there against his will. [:p]

Looks like a good time. I'm hoping to make it down there at some point this year get a few tugs. I was joking with my wife about getting a years supply of striped bass fillets. Her response: "If they taste anything like white bass, I'm all for it."[Smile]

Matt
[signature]
haha yeah I just woke up in that pic, jumped in the boat and that was on the second cast. I thought I was still a sleep and dreaming when it hit ! lol
[signature]
Nice report....heading down there soon and hope to find some fatties like you!! No boils huh???

TRH
[signature]
No boils in the area we were at, but when we arrived back on the dock I was talking to a guy that works at the marina and he said they seen some good sized boils in bullfrog bay on the west side.
[signature]
best place in the world [Smile]
[signature]
Awesome pictures.....those are some really nice bass! Thanks for posting...one of these years I have got to get down there. Perhaps I will wait till the day I have a boat though.
[signature]
Gotta love that big lake when its calm. Wind on the main channel can make things a bit tough. Looks like you had a good time, great fishing, good companions, great weather and great scenery..Hard to beat
[signature]
[quote SWERV]haha yeah I just woke up in that pic, jumped in the boat and that was on the second cast. I thought I was still a sleep and dreaming when it hit ! lol[/quote]

I can think of a few better ways to wake up in the morning, but not many!

[fishin]
[signature]
Looks like an awsome time. Powell's the bomb.
[signature]
Its a beautiful place and beautiful fish my favorite place on earth
[signature]