Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/10
Went out to willard on sunday, first time I have been their this year. I got 8 smallmouth's, and one wiper. Along with my friend also getting a few smallmouth's. Was a fun trip, and cant wait to get back!
[signature]
Nice photo you got the technique down to makem look good. I thought you really nailed a nice one until I seen your fingers. Still a nice fish just not a 5 pounder like I originally thought. Sounds like a great trip though way to go. Later J
[signature]
Hardee - it's all a matter of perspective...
It's a purdy fish all the same

Curious - were you fishing inside our outside the harbors? Mind sharing what you were pitching at them?
I caught my first Willard smallie on a big fat crank bait just outside the North marina along the rocks. And that sucker slammed it!

See anyone slaying the crappie?
Yote looks like you replied to the wrong guy on this one. Later J
[signature]
Skunked, Lets see if it works again when I go back out their. I have only caught a few smalls out of willard prior to sunday. I was excited to fish for wiper, but as soon as I started hitting smallmouths, thats all I could focus on. For being so small, they put up a good fight. Yeah, I like to do that with the small fish, their definatly was nothing to brag about! ha

Coyote, I fished the Northwest corner, and moved Southward. Same way you got yours, just along the rocks. I was using a silver spoon, Pretty much the only thing I know how to use at willard Smile

I have never done much jigging in my life,been wanting to learn this year, now that I know those bass are in the rocks, im gonna have to try it out the next time I go. Hopefully their will be some luck involved
[signature]
oh ya man i love catching smallies even if they are on the small side, pound for pound they are some of the best fighting fish. nice chunk there though. nice report KTK
[signature]
It's always fun to catch scrappers and I like those rocks to fish as well. Hope your next trip treats ya well. Later J
[signature]