Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geen River Guides recommendations
I'd like to take my wife out for a day on the Green River, we've never fished it. I amlooking for some recommendations for guides that you have liked. I know it's late in the season for booking days, so this may be for next spring if the guide is worth it.
[signature]
James Boehm at Trout Creek Flies. He taught my wife to cast, and we did a float with him last month. Very patient, and a lifetime of experience with the river (over a decade just guiding.) Plenty of time for a trip this year, the season is long on the Green.
[signature]
IMHO - first you need to decide what you want. If all you are interested in is catching fish, then go with an outfitter who targets Bounce Rig Nymphing: Old Moe, or Trout Creek. If you want a Top Water Dry Fly experience then Spinner Fall, or Western Rivers.

I am not saying that OM or TC do not dry fly. They just specialize in deep water nymphing. That typically results in more fish caught, but you will not have huge dramatic takes that leave you saying "WOW, did you see THAT!"

Guides I know that will give you a great day. ==>
Old Moe = Try to get Doug Roberts
Trout Creek = John Sparger
Spinner = ANYONE
Western = Matt or Jeremy

I am sure there are others but I know these guys. Oh, and avoid Trout Bum, IMHO.
[signature]
Pfft, what'd I ever do to you...?! [Wink]

I've fished with Colby @ Spinnerfall a half dozen times, and I won't go with anyone else. He's semi-new (I think this is his second season) but he's extremely good at what he does. He has taught me more about fish, fishing, insects, flies, etc in a few fishing than I've learned in a lifetime of fishing on my own. For a young guy, he has a wealth of knowledge.
[signature]