Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened To All Fishing Shows???
Hi Fellow Anglers

I'm just wondering what happened to all the fishing shows on NBC Sports Network, Sportsman Channel, and Pursuit Channel for the last two weeks.I know the shows would come on early morning on the weekend on NBC Sports Network. Sportsman Channel would air theirs at 7pm on Saturday and early Sunday morning, and Pursuit Channel air theirs on Tuesday night at 7pm until midnight. I enjoy a lot of these shows for knowledge such as Bill Dance's fresh water and salt water. "In Fisherman" was a good show on Pursuit. Fox sports still air Barry Stokes show. I'm not show why they all of a sudden they are not airing anymore. I watch all these shows on Directv. I'm not sure if they carry them on cable. Anyone here has any idea? Thank you for reading.

[Image: index.jpg]
[signature]
didnt know any one had any water left in their ponds after this blast furnance of a heat wave.. 102* here in mittingan again today.
[signature]
The Outdoor Channel still shows quite a few Friday night (Friday Night Fishing) and then repeats those on Sunday mornings.
[signature]
Same here (Cox Cable/Omaha, NE)!!!! [mad]

I would normally DVR all the fishing shows and watch them when I could! But after a couple of weeks of NOTHING... I did a search of the guide for the 20+ shows that I had scheduled for recording - NOTHING... couldn't find a ONE!

I called my cable provider (COX) after a few weeks of only one show. The customer service rep checked a couple of the shows' "showing on" pages on their sites, and it still showed them showing on NBCSports (the old VERSUS).

But then she scrolled throught the "guide" for the next week... and they're no where to be found!

She didn't have a clue as to why! When I voiced my concern and frustration, she suggested that I visit the NBCSports web site and voice my concerns.

Yeah, right... like NBCSports is going to care about ME and "my" fishing shows, when they can broadcast the EXCITING Tour de France!! <lol>

If you guys hear of anything or find out why, PLEASE post here!!

Bob
[signature]
I am watching the "Spanish Fly" on Dish 396. It is called "Spanish FLY" but he is always using a spinning outfit???????

Call it Spin Fishing the Spanish Fly, maybe.
[signature]
When I CALLED Cox (cable provider), they seemed very disinterested. I've since written (via web link) to both NBC Sports/Cox, but - again - doubt that I'll get any response.

Still, if this is happening across the nation, maybe if "enough of us" write in/complain... well... maybe... Who knows?

In light of the changes, I also asked Cox to consider adding The Sportsman Channel to their lineup. We'll see... [:/]
[signature]
For two weeks, fishing shows on DirecTV were pre-empted by (barf) the Tour de France bike races. Now, it's the stupid Olympics.

Soon, fishing shows will give way to hunting shows and we won't see Bill Dance fall out of the boat, bang his shin, or trip himself up until Spring...
[signature]
I thought that <barf [Wink]> too!! But EVERY SHOW, EVERY DAY??? It's like they took everyone of them off!

And even once it's no longer "fishing season" (for them), they still usually have the more popular shows running (year-round).

I can only hope that they resume SOME of the shows as soon as all of the "other stuff" is over! You can darn well bet that I'll be checking!! [mad]
[signature]
Just watch my fishing shows on youtube[Smile]
All my movies are Unedited,some even Uncut for your viewing pleasure what you see is what you get with Paulpro,heres a nice bass you may enjoy.
If your into carp fishing or like to see them Butterfly Peacock bass,then check it out,plus invasive species.

With Paulpro you see the bite from beggining to end!
Heres a sneek peek[Wink]

[#008000]I also make videos on request just like on satelite tv[/#008000]
For exsample,if you want to see fly fishing I'd be happy to make a video for you,Paulpro!
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]Nice fish, Pauly.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]But you didnot talk about where you are and all the fishing factors:[/font][/size]
[size 3]·[/size] [font "Calibri"][size 3]Water temp[/size][/font]
[size 3]·[/size] [font "Calibri"][size 3]Air temp[/size][/font]
[size 3]·[/size] [font "Calibri"][size 3]Time of day[/size][/font]
[size 3]·[/size] [font "Calibri"][size 3]Day of the year[/size][/font]
[size 3]·[/size] [font "Calibri"][size 3]Lure you used[/size][/font]
[size 3]·[/size] [font "Calibri"][size 3]Whether you knew the water or if it was new toyou[/size][/font]
[size 3]·[/size] [font "Calibri"][size 3]And most importantly…you did not fall out of theboat![/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Calibri"]Just having fun with you, really is a nice video, watchthis:[/font][/size]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]I am watching the "Spanish Fly" on Dish 396. It is called "Spanish FLY" but he is always using a spinning outfit???????

Call it Spin Fishing the Spanish Fly, maybe.[/quote]

Jose Wejebe hosted that show. He died in a plane crash earlier this year. His official website is:
http://www.spanishflytv.com/
[signature]
I know he did and that was very Sad. He was awesome!
[signature]
Its going to be hard to compete with that!
Only Bill Dance can make Bloopers look that good[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]