Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A buddy and I were trolling on paliSades and caught this fish [fishin] It put up a good fight for awhile then like most small fish it started topping the water about 40 feet behind the boat and I could tell it wasn't the normal cutthroat or brown then the closer it got I could tell it was a sucker and I commented nice now we have some bait!!! And low and behold when it got up there this fish had been fillet and released [crazy] and it bit a #9 countdown brown rapala!!! [:/] It stunk [:p] thought i would share that. This is a cool site thanks for looking
[signature]
Wow thats cool! There is a fish story to tell for sure.. I knew they were pretty harty fish but thats crazy.. Reminds me of about 4 years ago I was fishing at onieda and caught a couple nice small mouth decided to cook them up there and just threw the head and such back in the water thinking I would feed the other fish and crayfish. Later that day ended up catching one of the heads and after that didnt catch another fish that day.. bet that sucker would have been a good.fight if it still was intact..
[signature]
Do you catch big walleye out of onieda all i get are12-14 but some decent perch
[signature]
wait is it april first?.... NOT... Both you guys either pull the other leg... or lay off the the heavy drugs....[Image: suspicious.gif]
[signature]
Lol I kid you not!! It was traumatizing neither of us wanted to touch it that thing stunk. We were trolling at 2.8 mph so he was hungry to catch that rapala it was crazy.
[signature]
I find that whole story very, very, very difficult to believe. You can't move without muscle and you can't swim without moving. All the muscle was removed. How's it supposed to swim? I agree with whomever said to lay off the crack.....[Wink]

I have seen some weird things in my life, but I'd have to see that one to believe it.
[signature]
I won't be so diplomatic........I call B.S. on both stories. [:p]
[signature]
No I catch little dinks there also.. Biggest ive ever pulled out was 19. Ive scene some nice ones from there but never caught them myself. I know where an 8lber is hanging on a wall at in mccammon from onieda but he caught it in the 90's
[signature]
A 9 lb one came out of there last summer [Smile]. But most of the time they are dinks
[signature]
Mac bait bite! [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
[quote jaredhamp]A buddy and I were trolling on paliSades and caught this fish [fishin] It put up a good fight for awhile then like most small fish it started topping the water about 40 feet behind the boat and I could tell it wasn't the normal cutthroat or brown then the closer it got I could tell it was a sucker and I commented nice now we have some bait!!! And low and behold when it got up there this fish had been fillet and released [crazy] and it bit a #9 countdown brown rapala!!! [:/] It stunk [:p] thought i would share that. This is a cool site thanks for looking[/quote]

so you snagged it...by pure luck..it didnt BITE...lol
[signature]
Yep pure luck it snagged it with the tail hook of my rapala right in his top lip I don't think it would have snagged there no snag he was hungry apparently it was insane!!!
[signature]
[quote SNAGGS]wait is it april first?.... NOT... Both you guys either pull the other leg... or lay off the the heavy drugs....[.img][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...s.gif[/img][/quote]"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...s.gif[/img][/quote][/url]

This!*thumbs up*
[signature]
i guess your right it does sound far fetched if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes and had witnesses i probably wouldn't believe it either but who cares if you guys do or dont thanks for looking anyway
[signature]
Looks like someone stole your cut bait already!
[signature]
That sucker has been dead for some time. When their eyes are cloudy like the one in the pics that is a sign that it is dead. Nice try though.
[signature]
[quote jaklakmak]That sucker has been dead for some time. When their eyes are cloudy like the one in the pics that is a sign that it is dead. Nice try though.[/quote]

Same thing I noticed, Not only cloudy but sunken in as well! That is a dead fish!
[signature]
Was this fish named Rahm Emanuel?
[signature]
Jaredhamp, Boy what a fish story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. It doesn't have enough muscle to swim any longer.
2. The shock to the body of being filleted would have killed the fish.
3. The particular blood vessels cut would have caused it to bleed to death.
4. A terrible bacterial infection would have set in by now if the fish was really alive and it is absent in the picture.
5. The eyes are sunk into the head indicating they have dessicated (dried out).
6. When in shock a fish doesn't eat.

Nice try but no buy da' story guy.

DeeCee
[signature]
Ive scene catfish swim off after being fillet and same with a carp. Ive scene stranger things then this.. I can believe it would happen. Ive caught carp that have had holes from arrows all over them.. Caught trout from twin lakes that had big gouges from props . And suckers are pretty harty fish.. There like a carp you can leave them out of the water for hours and kick them back and they will swim away..
[signature]